looking for raw cream??

More
6 years 4 months ago #518468 by Ainsley424
:dry: Hi I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who might know where i could find a supplier in Christchurch selling raw milk cream. i've found a farmer here in Christchurch NZ but they only sell raw milk. If you could help me out that would be awesome! :) thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #518474 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic looking for raw cream??
You do know where cream comes from, don't you? There aren't separate "cream cows", you take the milk, leave it to sit for 24 hours or so in a large container and then skim the cream off the top. If you're lucky it'll be thick and make fantastic butter. What will you do with it?

More
6 years 4 months ago #518479 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic looking for raw cream??
The only way you are likely to find raw cream in any quantity, is if you can find a person who is actually separating (a machine called a separator) their cream/milk, although if they are going to the trouble of separating, then they are probably using it themselves.
The next best thing is standard pasteurised cream (ie, not long life or lite cream which may be homogenized) Otherwise, as Ruth says, buy the raw milk and let it set in the refridgerator in a wide topped bowl or similar and then skim off the cream with a large spoon.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
6 years 4 months ago #518496 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic looking for raw cream??
I have a friend with a raw milk dairy farm and I am pretty sure once the cream has been separated it can lo longer be legally sold from the farm like the whole milk. It has to be milk from the cow with no processing at all I think.

More
6 years 4 months ago #518542 by Ainsley424
Replied by Ainsley424 on topic looking for raw cream??
Oh right thanks anyways. I know a person close to me selling raw milk but they aren't doing separating that often. This is basically for health/lifestyle purposes as i don't like anything that has been processed or messed with. Ill keep looking, hopefully ill find some... thanks.

More
6 years 4 months ago #518543 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic looking for raw cream??
What do you want to use the cream for though? Do you need large quantities for something (which many might suggest wouldn't quite fit with the "health" idea)? I don't want to consume commercial dairy so make my own butter. It's simply a case of getting enough milk to gather the cream from that milk. Why can't you do that? Expensive, granted, but presumably you're bathing in the milk or something as well.

More
6 years 3 months ago #519310 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic looking for raw cream??
Dairy farms don't separate the cream, the factory normally does.

More
6 years 3 months ago #519328 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic looking for raw cream??

Ainsley424 wrote: Oh right thanks anyways. I know a person close to me selling raw milk but they aren't doing separating that often. This is basically for health/lifestyle purposes as i don't like anything that has been processed or messed with. Ill keep looking, hopefully ill find some... thanks.

Buy milk and seperate it yourself. its not hard

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds