cough, cough cough

More
6 years 9 months ago #511860 by kai
cough, cough cough was created by kai
I have had a dry cough for months now, OH has also started with the same dry cough. Doc wondered if it was a medication I was on, I haven't taken it for a few weeks now, so definitely not that.
As it is effecting both of us, I wonder if it is something in the house. It is worse at night in bed for sure.
Previously I have cleaned the windows and frames to remove any black mould that I thought could be a possible.

Neither of us have any allergies, (that we know of).

I am wondering if it is something just as simple as bed mites or carpet mites and if so, would one of those insect killer canisters do the job? I think I might have one in, that I bought in a 3 pack when the cats kept getting fleas no matter what I treated them with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #513346 by WillEyre
Replied by WillEyre on topic cough, cough cough
Do you smoke?

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
6 years 9 months ago #513348 by lindee
Replied by lindee on topic cough, cough cough
My OH has also had a cough for a couple of months - at about week 3 or 4 someone happily told him 'oh that will be the 100 day cough that's going round this year' .... he was not impressed! (have not come across any medical back-up for this diagnosis).

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. ;)

One Bull Terrier/Greyhound X, one very full-on Huntaway X pup, four assorted felines, [strike]nine[/strike] thirteen assorted hens, two accidental roos, two adorable BaabeeDoll sheep.

More
6 years 9 months ago #513355 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic cough, cough cough
Did you get a silt build up under your house with the recent floods?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
6 years 9 months ago #513368 by kai
Replied by kai on topic cough, cough cough

Stikkibeek;520459 wrote: Did you get a silt build up under your house with the recent floods?

yes a little, but it started before that and there is underfloor insulation it would have to get through as well.

and no, neither of us has ever smoked.

More
6 years 9 months ago #513369 by meganp
Replied by meganp on topic cough, cough cough
Sleep propped up, a big bottle of gees linctus and a spoonful each before you go to bed. Simmer sliced fresh ginger (about 1-2" piece) with a handful of dried red dates (buy from a Chinese provisions store) until tea coloured, drink with extra honey. It should have a good kick. Hope it helps- I had a terrible cough a few weeks back and combined with drinking the aforementioned and bed rest managed to shake it off. Was coughing so bad my shoulders and stomach muscles ached, cough hardly breathe between spasms - miserable��

More
6 years 8 months ago #513558 by kai
Replied by kai on topic cough, cough cough
I can't see the replies to this, but having let off a flea bomb yesterday, both me and hubbie had the best night sleep in months last night, no coughing at all.

More
6 years 8 months ago #513559 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic cough, cough cough
The fleas have fled then, or in other words....fleed!

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds