Aquaponics

More
6 years 9 months ago #511739 by wandering free
Aquaponics was created by wandering free
I wonder if NZ will ever allow systems like this being taught in the US.

[url]
[/url]

PS just found this on backyard aquaponics [url] www.aquaponic.com.au/backyard.htm [/url]

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512266 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Aquaponics
Aquaponics is a very interesting concept, but I wonder if we have much in the way of fish (exception being trout) which would be suitable.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
6 years 9 months ago #512273 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Aquaponics
It would probably never be made legal at that scale because the fish that tend to well in that system would most likely be considered pest fish here. I've seen several really cool set-ups when we still lived in the states, and all of them were using Tilapia. Really good eating fish, and grow like mad. Would it maybe work with eels??

More
6 years 9 months ago #512274 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic Aquaponics

Andrea;519238 wrote: It would probably never be made legal at that scale because the fish that tend to well in that system would most likely be considered pest fish here. I've seen several really cool set-ups when we still lived in the states, and all of them were using Tilapia. Really good eating fish, and grow like mad. Would it maybe work with eels??

I cant see why they should deny the use of Tilapia, it needs a temperature of 25C to 30C to survive and could not grow in the wild in NZ, unless they are just bloody minded that is.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

More
6 years 9 months ago #512294 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Aquaponics
Salmon, goes well I believe with these systems, not sure trout would be legal, but if it was for your own use maybe.[8D]

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds