Harvesting potatoes

More
6 years 9 months ago #511710 by Metsaman
Harvesting potatoes was created by Metsaman
It is time to harvest potatoes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2tiwtXksM

.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512058 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Harvesting potatoes
Your crop doesn't look to be very heavy. What percentage of potatoes does the mechanical digger damage, and are your rows spaced specifically to fit the tractor wheels? You seemed to be running down top of the next row. Wouldn't that crush potatoes near the top of the soil?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512079 by Metsaman
Replied by Metsaman on topic Harvesting potatoes

Stikkibeek;518994 wrote: Your crop doesn't look to be very heavy. What percentage of potatoes does the mechanical digger damage, and are your rows spaced specifically to fit the tractor wheels? You seemed to be running down top of the next row. Wouldn't that crush potatoes near the top of the soil?


Maybe it not look very heavy but I am satisfied to results.

You can avoid digger damage when You adjust machine dig under to potatoes, rows spaced nicely on this tractors wheels width.
That was almost last row and other wheels runs already on grass, not on the row.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512101 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Harvesting potatoes
Bring your harvester here at potato time - we'll provide the DB :)

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512104 by Metsaman
Replied by Metsaman on topic Harvesting potatoes

Ronney;519045 wrote: Bring your harvester here at potato time - we'll provide the DB :)

Cheers,
Ronnie


Just say when You start to harvest potatoes, I be there. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512117 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Harvesting potatoes

Metsaman;519048 wrote: Just say when You start to harvest potatoes, I be there. :D


Ha Ha! Early crop Christmas time, main crop March. DB very good during this time.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512164 by Metsaman
Replied by Metsaman on topic Harvesting potatoes

Stikkibeek;519062 wrote: Ha Ha! Early crop Christmas time, main crop March. DB very good during this time.


So You have there spring time/early summer at this time. [:0]:confused:

Here is colder and colder every day... autumn and winter is coming.. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512168 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Harvesting potatoes

Metsaman;519112 wrote: So You have there spring time/early summer at this time. [:0]:confused:

Here is colder and colder every day... autumn and winter is coming.. :(

"Official" 1st day of spring September 1. but.........signs of spring and a change in the temperature mid August, however we are plunged back into snow, (Down in South Island and central plateau,) and the rest of us have been having rain, rain and more rain. 140ml of rain here in 48 hours last week. Spring is normally our wettest season.

I like to get our potatoes in soon after Sept. 1 so we can have new potatoes for Christmas but the ground is still too wet to put the gravely through.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512235 by Metsaman
Replied by Metsaman on topic Harvesting potatoes

Stikkibeek;519117 wrote: "Official" 1st day of spring September 1. but.........signs of spring and a change in the temperature mid August, however we are plunged back into snow, (Down in South Island and central plateau,) and the rest of us have been having rain, rain and more rain. 140ml of rain here in 48 hours last week. Spring is normally our wettest season.

I like to get our potatoes in soon after Sept. 1 so we can have new potatoes for Christmas but the ground is still too wet to put the gravely through.


Get new potatoes for Christmas.. thats really cool ... :cool:

Here in Finland on Christmas sometimes are - 25 degrees celcius cold...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512236 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic Harvesting potatoes

Stikkibeek;519117 wrote: and the rest of us have been having rain, rain and more rain. 140ml of rain here in 48 hours last week. Spring is normally our wettest season.
.


If only that was the case here, its bone dry and i'm watering the garden ATM, we have only had one decent rain since Oct last year and that was 42mm in June :(

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/


Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512370 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Harvesting potatoes
Of course I wasn't talking about DB (David Brown) in the above posts but rather http://www.taverntrove.com/beerpics/DB-Export-Beer-Labels-Dominion-Breweries-Ltd_46225-1.jpg
Just the ticket after digging potatoes

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512406 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Harvesting potatoes

Stikkibeek;519352 wrote: Of course I wasn't talking about DB (David Brown) in the above posts but rather http://www.taverntrove.com/beerpics/DB-Export-Beer-Labels-Dominion-Breweries-Ltd_46225-1.jpg
Just the ticket after digging potatoes


Wondered about that prefer monteiths.......summer ale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512415 by WillEyre
Replied by WillEyre on topic Harvesting potatoes
Okay, Metsaman ...

Your game is up!
Here was I, thinking you were in faraway Finland, when all along you've been living amongst us.


I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #512591 by Metsaman
Replied by Metsaman on topic Harvesting potatoes

WillEyre;519400 wrote: Okay, Metsaman ...

Your game is up!
Here was I, thinking you were in faraway Finland, when all along you've been living amongst us.


:confused:

Do You mean that I look like him on the picture.. ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds