A great weekend

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #402 by maggies mum
A great weekend was created by maggies mum
Well we're back!

What a great time we had :D

We left Saturday morning, and head up to Browns bay and have a wee look around Bramptins, and bought some goodies that we hadn't had for over 3 years.....I think it will be another 3 years before we go again!! It was rather expensive.;)

We then went to the hotel, dumped the car and the bags and strolled down to the Viaduct for a spot of lunch looking out at the harbour and the bridge in the distance. The meal was lovely and washed down well with a couple of glasses of wine!

Then it was back to the hotel for a swim then a shower, followed by a cocktail (missed Happy HOur bugger) before we walked to the Civic theatre to watch Topol in Fiddler on the roof!

I've seen heaps of shows and enjoyed them all but this one was by far and away the best. Just to see Topol at the age of 70 perform a role that he's been doing for 40 years was the best thing ever. He was brilliant, the rest of the cast were superb in fact the whole thing was! A beautiful theater, great cast, great sound and lighting and simple but effective sets...what more could you ask for?

If you get the chance to go, you really should go, you won't regret it.
There was a small downside I decided to wear my nice jewelry that BD bought for my 40th, and the neckchain broke as we came out of teh theatre and I lost my Amythyst pendant, I got a bit upset about that, a search found nothing! :(

Today we had breakfast and walked to the the skytower, I have to admit I bottled out. Did see one mad woman jump off attached to a bit of wire! [xx(]

Then we drove to the Museum, that was very good although I got a bit emotional on the 2nd floor with all the names on the walls, very sad. But great to know all those young men are honoured an remembered and should never be forgotten.

We had a late lunch in Mission Bay and headed home, stopping for a 'little' ice cream in Pokeno![:0]]

A very enjoyable weekend with great company.

Thanks Scouse Girl for organising it and for Digby & Mr Digby for having all the kids (dogs included):D:D:D

Soooo where we going to next[?][?][?]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43997 by organicltd
Replied by organicltd on topic A great weekend
Sounds like a good time. What happened to your knickers?

Wine does not make you FAT it makes you LEAN...
....against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43998 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic A great weekend
[:I] Glad someone else asked first!

I have images of the knickers being flung, tangling with the necklace, and breaking the chain! [}:)]

Sorry to hear about the pendant though, what a loss...[V]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #44006 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic A great weekend
Ah yeah! I forgot about that!

Well I kept me drawers on but I did notice at one point Topol waving something big and red in the air and I thought "Ah Look there's Chooky's drawers!" They looked very much like the ones she posted back on the thread!

More
15 years 1 month ago #44021 by Scouse Girl
Replied by Scouse Girl on topic A great weekend

quote:Originally posted by maggies mum

Well we're back!

What a great time we had :D

We left Saturday morning, and head up to Browns bay and have a wee look around Bramptins, and bought some goodies that we hadn't had for over 3 years.....I think it will be another 3 years before we go again!! It was rather expensive.;)

We then went to the hotel, dumped the car and the bags and strolled down to the Viaduct for a spot of lunch looking out at the harbour and the bridge in the distance. The meal was lovely and washed down well with a couple of glasses of wine!

Then it was back to the hotel for a swim then a shower, followed by a cocktail (missed Happy HOur bugger) before we walked to the Civic theatre to watch Topol in Fiddler on the roof!

I've seen heaps of shows and enjoyed them all but this one was by far and away the best. Just to see Topol at the age of 70 perform a role that he's been doing for 40 years was the best thing ever. He was brilliant, the rest of the cast were superb in fact the whole thing was! A beautiful theater, great cast, great sound and lighting and simple but effective sets...what more could you ask for?

If you get the chance to go, you really should go, you won't regret it.
There was a small downside I decided to wear my nice jewelry that BD bought for my 40th, and the neckchain broke as we came out of teh theatre and I lost my Amythyst pendant, I got a bit upset about that, a search found nothing! :(

Today we had breakfast and walked to the the skytower, I have to admit I bottled out. Did see one mad woman jump off attached to a bit of wire! [xx(]

Then we drove to the Museum, that was very good although I got a bit emotional on the 2nd floor with all the names on the walls, very sad. But great to know all those young men are honoured an remembered and should never be forgotten.

We had a late lunch in Mission Bay and headed home, stopping for a 'little' ice cream in Pokeno![:0]]

A very enjoyable weekend with great company.

Thanks Scouse Girl for organising it and for Digby & Mr Digby for having all the kids (dogs included):D:D:D

Soooo where we going to next[?][?][?]

We had a fanastic weekend and love the show.
So were we are going next I will leave that to you ..maybe a wine tour...just a idea..Martinborough is lovely and flat to ride a bike to each winery.
But we are knacked in bed by 9.30pm last night, need a few days to recovered first.

Ye know what I mean?...no!

More
15 years 1 month ago #44023 by organicltd
Replied by organicltd on topic A great weekend
It's okay Tigger, I'll ask the really, really important questions!

Wine does not make you FAT it makes you LEAN...
....against tables, chairs, floors, walls and ugly people.

• chooky
15 years 1 month ago #44027 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic A great weekend
I am so pleased you spotted my knickers on stage MM. :D:D[:o)]
Sounds like you have had a great weekend. Shame about your pendant though.

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #44057 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic A great weekend
Yeah I was upset about that, but BD said not to worry about it and not to let it spoil the evening! Was still gutted though! :(

Yeah thought they would be your drawers, mind you some people thought it was the interval when Topol waved them over the front rows and they thought the curtain had come down!

More
15 years 1 month ago #44067 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic A great weekend
Sounds like it was a great time had by all. glad ya kept ya knickers on to MM. Scouse girl, i reckon a wine tour would be right up MM's alley.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds