Outrageous Fortune - need some help....

More
8 years 8 months ago #40066 by Hestia
Hi guys,

Special hi to you guys that know and still remember me :)
It was almost 5 years ago that I left NZ.
I need help to buy a DVD collection of Outrageous Fortune..the box that contains all 6 season or all of them one by one.

I so longed to see this and a neighbour of mine that has fast internet connection said he could down load and burn copies for me...but...he is a silly XXXXX and he has down loaded heaps and which one is which one and all of it doesn't want to play. Watch two episodes and then next one freezes or ain't in right order..frustrating :eek: :( :eek:

I so feel kind of kiwish when I watch this and understand the lingo and expressions and also the environment.
Could any of you pls pls pls pop down to the warehouse and buy me the complete box or all of them one by one??

Ofcourse I pay both purchase and gas and shipping cost. Just tell me you have found it and the cost and I bank it.

I have tried to open an account on Trademe and to find it there but you are not allowed to register there when not living in NZ or OZ,,,local shop for local people? (one liner out of league of gentleman)

Otherwise..no it was not better off in my home country, escalated violence in europe and no work in 5 years except for temp works within the psychiatric nursing homes and then only during peoples vacations and the rest of the year it is slow pace life trying to make ends meet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511023 by Ruth

Hestia;518021 wrote: ...buy me the complete box or all of them one by one??...
I pay both purchase and gas and shipping cost. Just tell me you have found it and the cost and I bank it.
... slow pace life trying to make ends meet.

Sure you've got your priorities right there, Hestia? [;)] Outrageous Fortune or rent? Outrageous Fortune or food? Outrageous Fortune or a payment on the car? ...

More
8 years 8 months ago #511031 by Hestia

Ruth;518026 wrote: Sure you've got your priorities right there, Hestia? [;)] Outrageous Fortune or rent? Outrageous Fortune or food? Outrageous Fortune or a payment on the car? ...

My house is paid....(heaps to do therefor cheap)
My car is paid (old dinged up Volvo station wagon-the dog mobile)

So it is down to Outrageous Fortune or food? :confused:

To watch OF is food for my well being :) [:o)] :D

More
8 years 8 months ago #511035 by Ruth

More
8 years 8 months ago #511038 by kernels
TV3 on demand has all 6 seasons, you can try to see if you can access it from your location. If you end up getting the box set shipped from NZ, make sure to get the first season of 'West side' it's the prequel to OF and is excellent.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511039 by Hestia

kernels;518043 wrote: TV3 on demand has all 6 seasons, you can try to see if you can access it from your location. If you end up getting the box set shipped from NZ, make sure to get the first season of 'West side' it's the prequel to OF and is excellent.

I live out in the wopwops..even though it is just and only 30 km bee line to Swedens third largest city!
Can't watch/down load anything on my lap top.....so sloooow internet......
All neigbours has bought in to fiber net...to a cost of 5.000 nz$..
I can't afford to do that..
Tried: This video is not available to users in your location. So guess only NZ.
No one here has seen OF and don't have a clue about what it is...

So anyone that find both West side and all six seasons.............. :D

More
8 years 8 months ago #511040 by Hestia

More
8 years 8 months ago #511044 by Mich
Hi Hestia - big welcome back. Have you tried Mighty Ape? www.mightyape.co.nz/search?i=All&prev=&s=outrageous+fortune

They post overseas, but I'm not sure if you have to be in NZ to open an account. Might be worth emailing them and checking it out - also whether the copies they have can (a) be sent overseas or (b) will play on your equipment.

I've always found them extremely helpful, so give it a go and see how you get on. You can only ask.... :-)

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511045 by Organix
Be aware that if you import DVDs from NZ you very likely will have regionality incompatibility issues. NZ DVDs are Region 4 whereas Europe is Region 2.

You will need to ensure that the DVDs you import are 'Region Free', unless you have access to a multi-region compatible DVD player.

The good news is that both NZ and Europe have PAL TV, as opposed to NTSC which is mainly a North American trait.

If you can improve your bandwidth all 6 seasons are available to stream here . (No Westside yet though)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
8 years 8 months ago #511074 by kai
You can watch all region DVDs on your laptop, there are various bits of free software you can download to enable you to do this. You can also make some DVD players multi regional. You can do a google on your specific model and find the instructions if it is possible to do that. Ours is now multi-regional as we did not want to have to throw away all the UK DVDs we brought over.

You can also download a free piece of software that will hide your IP address so that you can watch stuff from NZ. I am sorry I forget the name of it. I did it in order to keep up with Shortland street on the last visit to the UK.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511076 by Hestia
I have mailed the mighty ape to ask if they have the box or would sell me all six separate and also if they ship outside NZ.
I have mailed a couple of sellers in ebay that have just one or two of the episodes but haven't had any reply.

I have bought a cheap DVD player here and I can watch the DVDs hubbie bought at the Warehouse so it works fine :)

I can't surf and watch since such a slow internet where I live.

Thankful for any help :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #511086 by igor
Of course Volvo. What else would one drive in Scandinavia? I will always remember the famous photograph of a stack of seven Volvo cars and the doors still opened and shut sweet on the bottom one.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511122 by Hestia

igor;518098 wrote: Of course Volvo. What else would one drive in Scandinavia? I will always remember the famous photograph of a stack of seven Volvo cars and the doors still opened and shut sweet on the bottom one.

It ain't that ofcourse to drive a Volvo these days...Volvo is today owned by chinese...so we don't feel like buying them that much any more..

Outrageous.....I have someone that volunteered to go out and buy them for me..not the box but all episodes :) :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #511186 by Mich
Great Hestia!! Well done to that kind person. Hope you'll be able to catch up on the episodes soon.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
8 years 8 months ago #511254 by LongRidge
Hi S. Glad to hear that things are not too bad now. Is it really 5 years?

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds