Massey Ferguson 365 with forest tools in action.

More
6 years 11 months ago #39846 by Metsaman
Driving some wood with MF 365 & forest trailer and crane unit. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #509107 by Stikkibeek
I presume the timber you are gathering will be for your winter firewood. How long do you leave it stacked before it will be cut up for fire wood?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
6 years 11 months ago #509108 by Metsaman

Stikkibeek;515865 wrote: I presume the timber you are gathering will be for your winter firewood. How long do you leave it stacked before it will be cut up for fire wood?

Yes they are meant to be in firewoods, My summer holidays start now and try make this woods to wirewoods in this week.

More
6 years 11 months ago #509114 by Ruth
Mate, you have more money and toys than anyone should fairly have. If you want to see how real people do that stuff, head down this way some time. Here we take the tractor seriously off-road and a couple of people pick up (with their hands) the trunks of previously felled trees on hillsides and stack them up on the trailer, then come home and unload it all, with their hands. No cranes or nice flat tracks in the real world!

More
6 years 11 months ago #509125 by WillEyre
I'm starting to think that Metsaman must have either struck Veikkaus Lotto or indeed found a real crock of gold at the end of that rainbow. (Then again, it could well all be a crock of something else, that doesn't actually shine much).
I wouldn't want to give the impression I'm envious (because I'm not) but I do find it interesting that you own all these relatively big, sophisticated and expensive 'tools' for doing what I would call 'household chores'.
Perhaps there's a simple explanation to all of this opulence that you haven't as yet revealed.

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
6 years 11 months ago #509131 by Hawkspur
What age are they? They look very young and small to be cut. Are they being cut as thinning for your woodlot?

Enjoy your summer holiday.

Ruth - we can't handle our logs with two people - we have to cut them into firewood length rings and then usually they can be lifted by two people, sometimes one.

More
6 years 11 months ago #509132 by Ronney
If I remember correctly, Metsaman comes from Finland. So did a little reading up on Finland. To start with, it's largely flat. It also produces machinery.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
6 years 11 months ago #509134 by Metsaman

Ruth;515872 wrote: Mate, you have more money and toys than anyone should fairly have. If you want to see how real people do that stuff, head down this way some time. Here we take the tractor seriously off-road and a couple of people pick up (with their hands) the trunks of previously felled trees on hillsides and stack them up on the trailer, then come home and unload it all, with their hands. No cranes or nice flat tracks in the real world!

I have not more money than anybody else have, I used to do forest jobs for other peoples forest, drive woods etc. and this gears are more than 25 years old now and they have lots of use.
I not work others forest now but can use this machines My own. Here are ruff terrains too that was old field where are planted birches.

More
6 years 11 months ago #509135 by Metsaman

WillEyre;515884 wrote: I'm starting to think that Metsaman must have either struck Veikkaus Lotto or indeed found a real crock of gold at the end of that rainbow. (Then again, it could well all be a crock of something else, that doesn't actually shine much).
I wouldn't want to give the impression I'm envious (because I'm not) but I do find it interesting that you own all these relatively big, sophisticated and expensive 'tools' for doing what I would call 'household chores'.
Perhaps there's a simple explanation to all of this opulence that you haven't as yet revealed.

Read My answer to Ruth and You find explanation. :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #509136 by Metsaman

Hawkspur;515891 wrote: What age are they? They look very young and small to be cut. Are they being cut as thinning for your woodlot?

Enjoy your summer holiday.

Ruth - we can't handle our logs with two people - we have to cut them into firewood length rings and then usually they can be lifted by two people, sometimes one.

This are no more than 15 years old, We planted that field 1999 when We end farming. Last winter We have very heavy snow that bend and ruined those birches so I cut birches to make firewoods.

Thank You. : )

More
6 years 11 months ago #509137 by Metsaman

Ronney;515892 wrote: If I remember correctly, Metsaman comes from Finland. So did a little reading up on Finland. To start with, it's largely flat. It also produces machinery.

Cheers,
Ronnie

So You make some homework... nice but We are some ruff terrains too that was just old planted field.

That crane and trailer is made in Finland... MF 365 not but Finnish tractor manufacture Valtra deliver engines many tractor manufactures and some Valtras model they have sell to Massey Ferguson brand. :)

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds