Jayline SS200L fire good or bad

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #39761 by wandering free
We are in the process of getting a new fire and it's come down to a Jayline SS200L just wondered if any one had experience of Jayline before we proceed.

Thanks Bryan

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508078 by Stikkibeek
Have a look also at the metro. We don't regret our choice of getting one and with a wetback we haven't had the electricity on for the hot water since April. Never seem to run low on hot water! Had the chimney sweep in about April as it was the beginning of our third winter of burning. He said he liked the metro best of all the woodfires he cleaned chimneys on as low emission once underway and little soot and also he said the firebox linings didn't give up easily.
If I'd had the money, and of course the room to put in a waggoner, I'd have gone for a woodrange.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508081 by charlotte1
I second Metro. We put one in our last place on a recommendation. This place also has one with a wetback. Brilliant!!

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508118 by wandering free
Thanks for the replies we did look at the Metro but we only need 14Kw and it limits the choice, my wife likes the look of the Jayline and it comes with a 10year guarantee on the fire box, my worry was that someone might have had a horror story.

Thanks Bryan

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508121 by muri
Metro do 15 kw and with wetbacks, the little peds and the wee peds is what they are called I think

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508127 by Stikkibeek

muri;514795 wrote: Metro do 15 kw and with wetbacks, the little peds and the wee peds is what they are called I think

Ours is a metro wee ped. It heats the whole house and with the wetback it loses some of those kw to the hot water input so you don't need to be worried about it being too hot. With the clever use of a heat exchanger you can push the heat around as many rooms as you like. The Rad model has a cooktop on it and we could cook on ours too by taking of the grill, although we do have the kettle on top and could also keep soup hot on it albeit not actually cook there. The gas cooktop is quicker for that.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508153 by wandering free

Stikkibeek;514801 wrote: Ours is a metro wee ped. It heats the whole house and with the wetback it loses some of those kw to the hot water input so you don't need to be worried about it being too hot. With the clever use of a heat exchanger you can push the heat around as many rooms as you like. The Rad model has a cooktop on it and we could cook on ours too by taking of the grill, although we do have the kettle on top and could also keep soup hot on it albeit not actually cook there. The gas cooktop is quicker for that.

We had a look a the Metro models but my wife proffers the cook top on the Jayline, unfortunately the hot-water tank is to far from the fire the trouble with an old badly designed house, but the idea of distributing the heat sounds worth exploring.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #508237 by Barnrat

wandering free;514746 wrote: We are in the process of getting a new fire and it's come down to a Jayline SS200L just wondered if any one had experience of Jayline before we proceed.

Thanks Bryan

Hi Bryan, yes I installed one in my last house and can highly recommend them. I'm not sure about the model you have quoted, mine was an in-built one installed into an existing old open fireplace.

It kept the large lounge very warm and was very fuel efficient. I would expect that all Jayline models are likely to be as good.

More
7 years 1 week ago #508415 by lisaeve
Hi; the in-house fire expert has said that he's never heard of that one! But Jayline in general are usually quite good.

17 Ha lifestyle property in Bay of Plenty... 7 Ha covenanted bush, remainder scrub, hills, and flat.

More
7 years 1 week ago #508419 by wandering free

Barnrat;514921 wrote: Hi Bryan, yes I installed one in my last house and can highly recommend them. I'm not sure about the model you have quoted, mine was an in-built one installed into an existing old open fireplace.

It kept the large lounge very warm and was very fuel efficient. I would expect that all Jayline models are likely to be as good.

Thanks for the feed back, we payed the deposit so no going back now. Lisaeve I had heard good reports but don't know anyone with one so good to hear Barnrat has found one OK.

Bryan

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds