Chainsaw maintenance video tutorial ( complete )

More
7 years 1 month ago #39625 by Metsaman
I make three episodes video tutorial on chainsaw basic maintenance.

This is first episode, disassemble and cleaning.

This is second episode, assembly and chains right tightness.

This is third and final episode, sharpening, test run and how to make right 2-strike fuel mix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506720 by WillEyre
While I'm sure you have the very best of intentions with your 'Instruction Video' I must say that I have never seen anyone ever sharpen a chain the way you do.
A file only cuts in one direction and if your chain still cuts wood after 'filing' it like that (12 seconds, randomly back and forth on the same tooth) it would indeed be a miracle.

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506774 by Ruth
Woohoo! No earmuffs!

Why use a file guide with the right angles indicated on it if you're not using them? You might as well file free-hand.

I'm not sure you've really hit the spot here, Metsaman.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506781 by Ronney

WillEyre;513250 wrote: While I'm sure you have the very best of intentions with your 'Instruction Video' I must say that I have never seen anyone ever sharpen a chain the way you do.
A file only cuts in one direction and if your chain still cuts wood after 'filing' it like that (12 seconds, randomly back and forth on the same tooth) it would indeed be a miracle.

I too cringed when I saw that. I used a chainsaw for my income and filed free hand. Pretty sure I wouldn't have had much of an income using a file in that manner. Any file for that matter.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506783 by Metsaman
Actually I make this video just be little joke.... now I have lots of angry messages that all say "why You do that, that's wrong"... and have to say it is... peoples take this much too seriously that I have My mind... sorry.. :(

More
7 years 1 month ago #506789 by WillEyre

Metsaman;513319 wrote: Actually I make this video just be little joke.... now I have lots of angry messages that all say "why You do that, that's wrong"... and have to say it is... peoples take this much too seriously that I have My mind... sorry.. :(

Well, if it was just a little 'Joke Video' you certainly had me fooled.
Because you actually looked pretty serious and determined I wasn't trying to dampen your enthusiasm. I was merely trying to save you from yourself.
Two or three, careful, deliberate filing strokes, with contact only going forward, is all that is required.
And the sharpening 'process' wasn't the only part that disturbed me; there is a far easier and exact way to mix your fuel than shown in your 'method'.
Simply buy a small measuring 'cup' and (for 5 litres of petrol) measure 100 millilitres of oil. (I think that it is correct to mix that Mobil 2T at 50:1)
If you make another 'Humorous Video' it might be a good idea to make it clear in the heading; you see, there are a number of people that visit here who cannot recognise a joke even when it's obvious.
Finally, don't let any criticism stop you and your videos. I'm not sure why, but I actually enjoy them.

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506791 by Ruth
Bugger. That went past my joke sensitivity too. Hang on, did Metsaman go to the Key school of "how to get out of something" by saying it was just a bit of fooling around?

What's the point in a video showing people how to do things incorrectly? I really don't see the joke, even when you tell us it is one.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506829 by Metsaman

WillEyre;513327 wrote: Well, if it was just a little 'Joke Video' you certainly had me fooled.
Because you actually looked pretty serious and determined I wasn't trying to dampen your enthusiasm. I was merely trying to save you from yourself.
Two or three, careful, deliberate filing strokes, with contact only going forward, is all that is required.
And the sharpening 'process' wasn't the only part that disturbed me; there is a far easier and exact way to mix your fuel than shown in your 'method'.
Simply buy a small measuring 'cup' and (for 5 litres of petrol) measure 100 millilitres of oil. (I think that it is correct to mix that Mobil 2T at 50:1)
If you make another 'Humorous Video' it might be a good idea to make it clear in the heading; you see, there are a number of people that visit here who cannot recognise a joke even when it's obvious.
Finally, don't let any criticism stop you and your videos. I'm not sure why, but I actually enjoy them.

You are right for sharpening process but that oil mix I have doing always in that way and success...

I am happy that You still like My videos.. good criticism make thing going better way.. I have few this kind "funny videos" on My channel Youtube,, this is first that comes this much a feedback... [:0]

More
7 years 1 month ago #506830 by Metsaman

Ruth;513329 wrote: Bugger. That went past my joke sensitivity too. Hang on, did Metsaman go to the Key school of "how to get out of something" by saying it was just a bit of fooling around?

What's the point in a video showing people how to do things incorrectly? I really don't see the joke, even when you tell us it is one.

As I say before, I have few this kind "funny videos" on My channel Youtube,, this is first that comes this much a feedback...

I am speechless... :confused:

More
7 years 1 month ago #506861 by Stikkibeek
The trouble is Metsaman, that your "joke" was well lost in translation. Many people inexperienced in the art of sharpening a chainsaw, could easily use your "tutorial" and wreck their chains. I doubt then, they'd see that as funny at all.
What other toys do you have?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 1 month ago #506866 by Metsaman

Stikkibeek;513407 wrote: The trouble is Metsaman, that your "joke" was well lost in translation. Many people inexperienced in the art of sharpening a chainsaw, could easily use your "tutorial" and wreck their chains. I doubt then, they'd see that as funny at all.
What other toys do you have?

Ok I understand... :(

Toys... do You mean My Rc planes or machines or.. :confused:

More
7 years 1 month ago #506874 by Stikkibeek

Metsaman;513412 wrote: Ok I understand... :(

Toys... do You mean My Rc planes or machines or.. :confused:

Yes. I have enjoyed watching you videos, often to get a better idea of how your part of the world looks. By "toys" , I mean those things in machinery and other workhorses that blokes like to use. Known here as "Boys toys"

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 1 month ago #506964 by Metsaman

Stikkibeek;513423 wrote: Yes. I have enjoyed watching you videos, often to get a better idea of how your part of the world looks. By "toys" , I mean those things in machinery and other workhorses that blokes like to use. Known here as "Boys toys"

I can add on that category My tiny backhoe, lawn tractor, "real" tractor (MF 365), forest trailer with crane, etc. of course My RC hobby stuff... :)

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds