AMAZING- Power plant Dam over run water 80000 litres second...

More
7 years 1 month ago #39572 by Metsaman
Today I visit local power plant dam where they over run water because it have too much because all snow is melting same time...

Quite impressive view... :cool::cool::cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XCcQjayRWU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #506215 by LongRidge
At the Aratiatia dam (I think) on the Waikato River they do something similar. This dam was built above some very scenic rapids, which probably are significant to Maori. To compromise, they close the overflow in the evening so that power is generated all night. In the morning, at a set time, the overflow is opened. It is very impressive seeing the rough river bed being filled with foaming water. Something to add to your "must do" list :-).

More
7 years 1 month ago #506242 by Metsaman

LongRidge;512679 wrote: At the Aratiatia dam (I think) on the Waikato River they do something similar. This dam was built above some very scenic rapids, which probably are significant to Maori. To compromise, they close the overflow in the evening so that power is generated all night. In the morning, at a set time, the overflow is opened. It is very impressive seeing the rough river bed being filled with foaming water. Something to add to your "must do" list :-).

That dam I get very near that water flow so it is impressive to watch... thinking of that if I now drop on water I maybe not survive...

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds