Can you cure sleepwalking?

More
7 years 2 months ago #39492 by kai
A couple of years ago, if you remember I broke my leg in two places sleepwalking. At the time it was just before my Dad died. I know it is stress related.
This morning I woke up with a seriously painful bump on the head, a black eye and other bruises.
In the past I have tried to walk through walls, wandered naked round a campsite looking for a cat we had lost. Had various strange conversations with OH where he starts out thinking I am awake, but eventually works out I am still asleep. There are many other things I have done.

Has anyone else found anything that helped?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505340 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?
Have you ever tried bed rails to prevent you from getting out of bed without waking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505343 by rider1803
I do this badly as well. I am yet to find anything that really works. A good technique can be a notebook on the bedside table so you can jot down thoughts about things that are worrying you which can help give a more restful sleep.

Confirmed horse addict.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505345 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?
I have only sleepwalked when out of the country of my birth, or about to leave it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505346 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?
Perhaps put something on the floor that would be a little unpleasant to walk on, might raise your consciousness?

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505347 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?
I've never sleepwalked but I have been a restless sleeper,waking several times a night, and having unpleasant vivid dreams where I thought I was awake.

Since going primal and lowish carb, I sleep like a log and no longer have the waking dreams.
I eat lots of veggies, moderate amounts of protein (preferably grass fed) and plenty of good fats, and avoid grains, legumes, and sugar and all processed foods.
If I eat something like chocolate or bread now ( as I did at Easter) I get all the unpleasant sleep symptoms back and it takes a few days of clean eating before my sleep settles down again. Try it for 30 days and see if things improve.

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505348 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?

Deanna;511710 wrote: Perhaps put something on the floor that would be a little unpleasant to walk on, might raise your consciousness?

If a person can break their leg in two places, manage to get back into a bed (albeit the spare one) and still not wake up, I doubt something unpleasant would do the trick :confused:

When I injure myself, no matter how badly, I do not wake up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505349 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?

Anakei;511711 wrote: I've never sleepwalked but I have been a restless sleeper,waking several times a night, and having unpleasant vivid dreams where I thought I was awake.

Since going primal and lowish carb, I sleep like a log and no longer have the waking dreams.
I eat lots of veggies, moderate amounts of protein (preferably grass fed) and plenty of good fats, and avoid grains, legumes, and sugar and all processed foods.
If I eat something like chocolate or bread now ( as I did at Easter) I get all the unpleasant sleep symptoms back and it takes a few days of clean eating before my sleep settles down again. Try it for 30 days and see if things improve.

Unfortunately I am also a diabetic so I already do not eat sugar-full foods or refined carbs. So it can't be that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505350 by Stikkibeek
Straightjacket?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505351 by WillEyre
Replied by WillEyre on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?

Ruth;511709 wrote: I have only sleepwalked when out of the country of my birth, or about to leave it.

There's an easy 'cure' for your somnambulism, then.

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505353 by kalnetta
Replied by kalnetta on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?
You can buy a pad that is put on the floor and when You stand on it it sets an alarm off.
My brother in law has one in
the rest home.

View Hill Oxford ,23 ewes 2 lambs ,1 ram,, 1cat,the 2 of us,6 granddaughters,one grandson,2 surrogate granddaughters and one step grandson,poor boy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505365 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?
Set a "burglar" alarm on your bedroom door that is loud enough to wake you. It could be one triggered by movement, or by the door being opened.
It gets around the issue of you doing things by rote, such as unlocking or removing rails etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505372 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?

kai;511714 wrote: Unfortunately I am also a diabetic so I already do not eat sugar-full foods or refined carbs. So it can't be that.

:(
Back to the drawing board....

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505373 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?

Hawkspur;511730 wrote: Set a "burglar" alarm on your bedroom door that is loud enough to wake you. It could be one triggered by movement, or by the door being opened.
.

The sleepwalking will be cured cos you'll die of fright [:0]

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #505376 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Can you cure sleepwalking?

Anakei;511739 wrote: The sleepwalking will be cured cos you'll die of fright [:0]

If I lived on my own, it would probably work, but I don't think OH would appreciate it as he has to be up early in the morning.

I am getting more concerned as we have stream boundaries and I don't want to be found floating down one cos I have finally strayed outside the house.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds