Field Day - Mystery Creek

More
15 years 1 month ago #390 by max2
we are definately coming across for the field day event for the first time so Hubby can sit on a tractor and go "broom broom" in his head, and bringing a family friend as well, so I thought I would ask a couple of questions please?

1. International "guests" is it worth registering as international guests for the "hospitality" what does it mean?

2. I want to buy some muck boots and a swanndri jacket for Bub, does anyone know if swanndri do "field day" specials on their items, do they have a good range on display, or should I just mail order them to my Cousie's place before leaving Aust?

3. Is there any special place we should park to get a prime possie for departure out of the area?. How early should we get there, we think we are going to need all day to visit the stands we want to see.

Any other suggestions for first time visitors? I am assuming there will be food stalls etc to keep us sustained...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43690 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
Bring a campervan and camp in the carpark/paddock. That way you only have 1 days worth of early morning traffic jams. If it's your first trip you'll need EVERY day to explore. I think one year the organisers counted exhibits, and worked out on the basis of several minutes at each exhibt without a demo show, and the length of a demo at those with a show, you would need to be there for 2 weeks to see everything.

Bring plenty of spare cash, theres so many useful knick nacks to be picked up :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43692 by Foxwell
Replied by Foxwell on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
It was our first time last year - we spent three days there and still did not see everything there was to see.

Carparking - it is very busy - long traffic jams from early on to get in. others may have tips on how to avoid this.

I would buy your tickets online now so that you don't have to queue up for those.

There are lots of food stands.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43693 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
If you register as an international visitor then you can use the lounge which means you can sit down!!!!

Fieldays is a nightmare - well worth seeing but in terms of parking and the chaos that hits this area... :(

Don't forget to visit all the stands of our sponsors, Gallaghers, Growing Today, Dow AgroSciences, Tracka and of course NRM :D

Have you got your lsb hat/beanie so you'll be recognised?? When and where are we all arranging to meet?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 1 month ago #43696 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
many thanks for the tips everyone! I suspect we will be going again and again over the next few years, this year its to get the feel of the event and seek out at a few speciality businesses that we have to see for the future construction ie alternative power people, (as well as an opportunity to undertake some woolly garment shopping whilst Hubby goes broom broom on his dream 4wd tractor :D :p ).

I think at this stage we are coming in on Thursday Kate but its a bit undecided as the Cousie from Nth Auckland is considering coming down too, and she is hard to pin down at the best of times. But as I see the tickets are cheaper this month, if I haven't heard by the 30th May then I will just book for the 4 of us anyhow...

So at the moment, I won't plan on setting a time either to meet anyone, I think what I will do is bump into Tigger and her purple hairdo at her stand, Kate will you be at growing Today and does that stall sell the beanies/hats?

I just re-subscribed by fax too, should I have waited???[:0]

And we got covered stand seat tickets to the All Blacks game on the Sat night! That code system on ticketmaster doesn't make it easy though. And they didn't have stand tickets for 3 adults and 1 child, only 4 adults.....[}:)]

More
15 years 1 month ago #43698 by max2

quote:Originally posted by Kiwi303

Bring a campervan and camp in the carpark/paddock.

Don't think one will fit in the carry on luggage allowance.....;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #43699 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
Definitely buy tickets online, get there early before opening and ignore the big queues if you already have your tickets - they will be lining up to purchase tickets there. Walk past them, ignoring the filthy looks and present your ticket at the 'check in' rather than the pay booths :D. They scan your tickets in nowadays so those who buy there have to queue up for tickets and then queue up to be scanned through...

Make sure you leave about half an hour before closing time or you will be stuck in the visitors AND exhibitors traffic which can take a good hour or so to clear out of the carparks.

Wear warm clothing. Take wet weather clothing. Wear gumboots or good boots. Start at far end of the sites and work back towards the entrance, that way you have at least half a day before you come in contact with the hoards coming the other way! (but stop in at my site first as I am only on in the mornings and am near the main entrance :D)

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43816 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
There are usually buses ferrying people from the airport to the fieldays, back and forth, so you don't need to park in the carpark.

I will probably be on the MAF stand on Friday/Saturday, so come and say hi!

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
15 years 1 month ago #43819 by reggit
Are you guys inside in the warm again this year Clods? How are we going to know which one is you - or do we have to sidle up to each person: 'pst! are you Clods?' - which from experience from others doing that at my site looking for me can be most offputting for your colleagues!

Perhaps we need a secret LSBers symbol - any ideas? The stickers worked well at the small block expo, Kate, but not so good for those of us who have to wear uniforms/standard apparel for our sites...

Our site is F53 again this year.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43821 by Clods
Replied by Clods on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
You mean wear a carnation and carry a newspaper, and look for the person with the funny walk?

Yes, booked the same spot every year since we started doing a posh stand, and not just a table with a logo over the top.

I have long blonde hair (well with grey highlights), so you should be able to find me. Though I might disappear and go shopping some of the time.

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
15 years 1 month ago #43824 by reggit

quote:Originally posted by Clods

You mean wear a carnation and carry a newspaper, and look for the person with the funny walk?

Well, perhaps a little more subtle [}:)] but along those lines.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43853 by max2
I was thinking along the same lines.... I don't want to walk around going pssst... are you Kate, Tigger or Clods, am likely to get whacked! Now I have seen Tigger in her stunning Nylon glory of a hairdo, although it was posted some time ago, but any hints such as the LSB beanie or hat would be great. Then I can make a total prat of myself and assume away... and know I will at least get a laugh if I get it wrong!:D;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #43862 by reggit

quote:Originally posted by swaggie

Now I have seen Tigger in her stunning Nylon glory of a hairdo

Now don't go thinking I wear that all the time! [:0] Takes at least three coffees for me to don my 'do. But it sure does keep the ears warm :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #43877 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
I went in search of Tigger at Field Days. (was it last year?) Tiggers site was sort of shared with another lot and I went around each person asking if they were Tigger. I got some odd looks and I think Tigger got some comments made about the "Are you Tigger?" questions.

Aww well, at least it gave them some entertainment and a bit of a diversion from the usual questions they were being asked.

Yakut

More
15 years 1 month ago #43879 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Field Day - Mystery Creek
I don't think any secret sign hasn't been co-opted by either a government black-helicopter/conspirisy group/Men-in-Black Alien busters, or some street gang.

I'm not much in favor of having men in black suits and shades sidle up and ask me to come with them as something hard pokes me in the side, neither do i enjoy the thought of some tough tryign to kick the crap outta me because i made the opposition gangs recognition symbol [:P]

Or to find myself being invited to the local freemasons lodge just cause the handshake was funny ;)

Yah, i know I'm weird [:P]

Those in uniforms... can ya carry a clipboard with a LSB sticker on the back of that if you aren't allowed to slap one on your appearel or wear a non-issue t-shirt or beanie?

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds