Push on tap fittings

More
9 years 3 months ago #38930 by Denneaux
Looking for help cause I don't seem to be able to google the right words.

I'm wanting to fill up an outside bath with warm water and am looking for a hose that will fit over the hot tap. I can find the short ones with the showerhead that people use to wash their hair/dog in the bath. But, where would I get a long hose with the same fitting? And what is this fitting called?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Unless stated, the above post is not meant as criticism.

Go back and read it again in your HAPPY voice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500249 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Push on tap fittings
I know what you mean. However those fittings perish very rapidly and do not fit all taps (I would like to get one for when I rinse my hair after dying it, but cannot find one that will fit out tap). I would be tempted to get a plumber to fit something similar to what we needed to install a water filter from the cold tap and then have an outside hot water tap with whatever hose fitting you wanted..

However, how far away is the bath from the tap? would it be possible to run the hot water into the sink/bath and then syphon it out. Yes you would lose some heat in the process, but better than nothing.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500250 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Push on tap fittings
Another thought. What diameter pipe are they, would you be able to get a 13mm pipe connector on to lengthen it

More
9 years 3 months ago #500251 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Push on tap fittings
Hmm I know what you mean but have no idea of the name...but if you wanted to connect to a kitchen tap you could use something like this: www.hozelock.com/watering/hose-fittings/...-connector-2159.html
Bath taps probably won't have such a thread for an aerator, as they are usually designed for high flow. No one likes a slow to fill bath.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500259 by Anakei
Replied by Anakei on topic Push on tap fittings
Can you use the shower head fitting to push on the tap, and then attach a normal hose to the (cut off) shower fitting using hose connectors. just an idea as I've no idea if the diameters will match up.

Urban mini farmer and guerilla gardener

More
9 years 3 months ago #500322 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Push on tap fittings
We fill our spa pool by emptying the hot water cylinder into it a couple of times, plus cold water. To feed the hot water into spa via the hose we just take the hose fitting off of the washing machine (hot side) and screw on the 'tail' that is usually screwed to one of the outside taps - same thread. Then attach the garden hose onto the 'tail' as usual and Bob's your uncle.

Keep an eye on the connections though as hot water tends to make the hose very soft and subtle and prone to blowing off of Nylex or similar fittings.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 3 months ago #500553 by Furball
Replied by Furball on topic Push on tap fittings
Will a standard diameter garden hose fit over the hot tap at all? If so, (and of course if you have a garden hose handy) a jubilee clip should hold it on tightly enough to fill the bath.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500564 by X-Toma
Replied by X-Toma on topic Push on tap fittings
Think this might be what you're looking for.

www.bunnings.co.nz/nylex-threadless-tap-...15mm-brass_p00253131

More
9 years 3 months ago #500855 by Denneaux
Replied by Denneaux on topic Push on tap fittings
Thanks everyone! It turns out, as is often the case, I was completely over thinking the problem. A piece of 20mm pvc pipe pushes over the laundry mixer tap very nicely.

Unless stated, the above post is not meant as criticism.

Go back and read it again in your HAPPY voice!

More
9 years 2 months ago #501666 by tahunakuaka
Replied by tahunakuaka on topic Push on tap fittings
Thanks for this post, I have been looking for a solution to a similar problem. The Bunting solution looked ideal, but a bit flash for our situation. So will try a short bit of the 20mm pvc hose, an old Hansen fitting from our "just in case they come in useful" valuables, then a garden hose. The angles are a bit sharp for the pvc pipe on it's own.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds