Rant - Scandalous waste of money by my insurance company

More
9 years 6 months ago #38395 by Megan
Had a big envelope arrived yesterday with a letter from Insurance Company Who Shall Remain Nameless (ICWSRN) informing me that they had overcharged me with regard to the Fire Service Levy.
Large envelope (A4) with letter and 4 extra pages listing my policy details.
On my reckoning would have cost about $2.40 to post plus paper and printing, and processing, maybe $4.00 all up.

Amount they had overcharged me - 35c.

1. They could have emailed me, they have my email address.
2. They could have let me know at my renewal date, along with the invoice.
3. They could have altered their mailout to only inform policyholders who were owed at least 10x the cost of the printout.

RIDICULOUS!!!

And I have told them so!

Megan

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #495069 by jimminette
Ah the joy of the electronic age - everything automated. Rediculous

More
9 years 6 months ago #495070 by max2
Much like the recent Spark national call offer, my personally addressed letter advised that as I totalled $11 in national calls last month, I should sign up for the $14 deal... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

More
9 years 6 months ago #495072 by Edenview
I still get statements from the bank telling me I have 8c in credit. I closed the acc 3 years ago. Have rung twice and emailed but still they come...

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 6 months ago #495093 by Stikkibeek

max2;500250 wrote: Much like the recent Spark national call offer, my personally addressed letter advised that as I totalled $11 in national calls last month, I should sign up for the $14 deal... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ha Ha! I had reason to talk to Spark about amalgamating the two bills they send us.
They said it was unusual to have a bill for a cell phone, as that was a service attached to landlines and we weren't on a landline. I told them we used to be hence the bill, but had moved to another service provider due to the unreliable service from the old Telecom network. The speaker got a bit indignant and claimed they didn't have problems.....

That was the day before their internet/cell service went down.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonder if I jinxed it![}:)]....Oh the power. I can see it now. Making light bulbs pop....or turn on unexpectedly...draining the national grid........[}:)][}:)]

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 6 months ago #495108 by funnyfarm331
At least that same said nameless insurance company overcharged us by $9.72!

Makes the exercise of sending us a huge envelope etc, etc slightly more worthwhile[;)][:0]

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds