Dr Who

More
7 years 10 months ago #38152 by Buttons
Dr Who was created by Buttons
Is anyone else excited about the new season of Dr Who? :D

Not too sure what I think of Peter Capali as the Doctor but I didn't think much of Matt Smith's casting either but he turned out to be amazing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #492571 by ZummersetGirl
Replied by ZummersetGirl on topic Dr Who
My 3 boys are looking forward to it. It takes me a while to settle to a new Dr. I think Jon Pertwee was the best but then he was the Dr I grew up with :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #492572 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Dr Who
I 'grew up' with Tom Baker. But I think Matt Smith is probably my favourite doctor, even though we were thoroughly disgusted with the cast change (since we'd never heard of him at that stage).

Not sure about Peter Capaldi.. was hoping for Idris Alba myself. Capaldi is in one of my favourite 'feel good' movies - Local Hero. We got tickets to go see first episode tomorrow evening. Will be a smile to see it on a large screen.

More
7 years 10 months ago #492589 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Dr Who
OH is excited . I like Dr Who, but he loves it

More
7 years 10 months ago #492608 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Dr Who
Jon Pertwee was good, but my personal favourite was Patrick Troughton.

I saw Peter Davison recently on something and couldn't quite believe how he'd aged. Obviously he's lost the ability to rejuvenate! :rolleyes:

David Tennant did a pretty good job too, but Matt Smith seemed to have just the right blend of eccentricity to make a great doctor.

We'll be waiting to see how good the new doctor will be. He's got big shoes to fill.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 10 months ago #492684 by llvonn
Replied by llvonn on topic Dr Who
Did any of you watch "the fiveish doctors' - part of the anniversary celebration?

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
7 years 10 months ago #492692 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic Dr Who
We are looking forward to it here, I think Peter Capaldi will be quite a change but he should be very good. I think keeping the same companion on for a bit helps with the transition for us viewers who are weaning off someone we got attached to! What other show could get away with changing the main character all the time and still be loved?

More
7 years 10 months ago #492716 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Dr Who
me too here!.. luv it, matt smith and david tenant did great jobs.. will be interesting to see how the new dr goes...looking forward to it

More
7 years 10 months ago #492718 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Dr Who
Saw Deep Breath last night, was great fun. Wasn't sure about Capaldi at first, but warmed to him very quickly. He really put his mark on the iconic character already. There was a 'making of' short of the film afterwards, and he was like an excited little boy - he'd always wanted to be The Doctor.

More
7 years 9 months ago #492978 by Baroque
Replied by Baroque on topic Dr Who
We are really looking forward to it too! :D

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds