Calving started early on The Main Drag

More
9 years 7 months ago #37875 by Remrem
A few of the locals knew we were expecting, so just a quick message to report that Matthew arrived safely on the 3rd July at 2.12am. Healthy weight of 4.6kg (10 pound 2 if you're old fashioned like me) and a nice quick 3 hour labour - no time for drugs! we're both doing well :) looking forward to being a bit more able around the block again too :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

Attached files
File Attachment:

Farming on The Main Drag in the Rangitikei since Feb 2013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #489546 by Kalmara
Well done !
A front pack is very useful for moving around the block :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #489552 by belinda_h
Kate and I were just wondering how you were going. Congrats to all involved, especially you!

More
9 years 7 months ago #489555 by Sue
Congratulations, that's a pretty impressive birthweight-good to know it was an 'easy' delivery!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
9 years 7 months ago #489556 by muri
very cute, congratulations,
yes a large one too

More
9 years 7 months ago #489557 by kate
Congratulations :D :D

Web Goddess

More
9 years 7 months ago #489565 by Deanna

Remrem;494163 wrote: A few of the locals knew we were expecting, so just a quick message to report that Matthew arrived safely on the 3rd July at 2.12am. Healthy weight of 4.6kg (10 pound 2 if you're old fashioned like me) and a nice quick 3 hour labour - no time for drugs! we're both doing well :) looking forward to being a bit more able around the block again too :)

That is wonderful news, and a lovely name. Don't race out to that block too soon :rolleyes: delightful photo.

My 10lb 3 oz-er is almost 25 now, he arrived at home in 2 1/4 hours. [:I] Was wearing 3month old size clothes right from the start. He's my baby out of 6.:)

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 7 months ago #489571 by terralee
Oh my ...what a beautiful start to calving ...bet you are glad of early arrival ...that's a pretty impressive birth weight ![:0] Welcome Matthew ...you are gorgeous :D

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 7 months ago #489587 by Stu_R
:) Huge congrats Rem Rem ( and to Colin to :) :) ) ... great effort and so pleased it all went well :)
You will have another beef cattle hand in no time now :) :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #489604 by kindajojo
congratulations....good weight...bit concerned you let the labour go more than 20 minutes before intervention though

More
9 years 7 months ago #489605 by LongRidge
Well done and congratulations. I hope you know that it is very important to eat the afterbirth. I'm sure the midwife will have plenty of good recipes :-).

More
9 years 7 months ago #489646 by Buttons
Congratulations!!! Such a gorgeous baby

More
9 years 7 months ago #489670 by LongRidge
Who-ever pushed the "Thanks" button, I'm really pleased that you found my tip useful :-)).
Rem-rem, what did the midewife say?

More
9 years 7 months ago #489674 by funnyfarm331
Congratulations, he is just gorgeous. Hope that you and he are doing well and not doing too much outside[;)], just yet!

More
9 years 7 months ago #489866 by Remrem
thank you for the well-wishes! Matthew is doing really well and I'm not too sleep deprived yet! thank you longridge for the suggestion. . . placenta encapsulation was in the news 3 years ago when I had my other son, but I'm not a big fan of eating random body parts and organs from our home kill let alone from myself! i'll pass thanks :-)

Farming on The Main Drag in the Rangitikei since Feb 2013

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds