Big splurge of the year .

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #37729 by Anne
My desk top computer is getting really slow. I was blaming the internet connection until I realised that it was slow even when I wasn't doing internet things. Then a friend came and used my wifi to get on the internet with her phone. It was really fast!!! So, after due consideration and talking to lots of people I now have an iPad air. It is fantastic!!!! Way, way faster than the desk top. I have an older video camera and an older digital camera, so this replaces both of them. Last night I lay in bed playing with it.

Next purchase is a cover and then I think it will go everywhere with me. I have a laptop at work, but even using the keyboard on the iPad, this is better and easier to use.

I'm having fun!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #488230 by EV
Replied by EV on topic Big splurge of the year .
Awesome! Enjoy! Much more comfy to use lying on the couch, too ;).

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #488234 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Big splurge of the year .
If you are a QWERT-YUIOP typist like me, get yourself a wee Bluetooth keyboard - the touch pads on the tablets etc that you can't touchtype on drive me nuts!!

I got a great cover/keyboard combo from eBay, about $30 and awesome, didn't find as good/as compact/as reasonably priced one here. And it folded back so the screen could be propped up if you wanted to type.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #488235 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic Big splurge of the year .

reggit;492695 wrote: If you are a QWERT-YUIOP typist like me, get yourself a wee Bluetooth keyboard - the touch pads on the tablets etc that you can't touchtype on drive me nuts!!

I got a great cover/keyboard combo from eBay, about $30 and awesome, didn't find as good/as compact/as reasonably priced one here. And it folded back so the screen could be propped up if you wanted to type.

I'm planning on getting a cover with a Bluetooth keyboard. They look great. The ones I have been looking at in NZ are about $100, so $30 is way better.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #488236 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Big splurge of the year .
Will PM you a link [;)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds