oven mitts

More
10 years 2 months ago #481237 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic oven mitts
What a star, Spoook!!!! That's fantastic. Hope you get them soon, Kai. And yes, getting 2 would be wise, LOL.
Cheers, Mich

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #481239 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic oven mitts
Well done Spook and Kai - I couldn't be without decent oven gloves, even though I don't have those particular ones. Can't remember what I used in Home Economics in 1970s UK.
I prefer those style ones the single but two handed ones, much easier and quicker for me to get my hands in than two single ones, plus I use my ovens heaps.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 2 months ago #481251 by rivercottage
Replied by rivercottage on topic oven mitts
Hi Kai not sure if this helps but my hubby has a chef's oven cloth which is made of the same stuff. Maybe you could get one from a supply store and do a bit of basic sewing?

Can't help with sources cos the chef cloth came from the UK too :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #481252 by rivercottage
Replied by rivercottage on topic oven mitts

rivercottage;484982 wrote: Hi Kai not sure if this helps but my hubby has a chef's oven cloth which is made of the same stuff. Maybe you could get one from a supply store and do a bit of basic sewing?

Can't help with sources cos the chef cloth came from the UK too :)

Oh DOH that's what you get for posting before you have read the whole thread...........[:I]

More
10 years 2 months ago #481255 by kai
Replied by kai on topic oven mitts

rivercottage;484983 wrote: Oh DOH that's what you get for posting before you have read the whole thread...........[:I]

lol. talking to MIL, she has been looking out for the same sort for years, fed up of hers singeing or wearing out as well, so I think she is going to order one for herself as well.

More
10 years 2 months ago #481257 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic oven mitts
Nailed it then! :D :D :D

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #481447 by hogiehorse
Replied by hogiehorse on topic oven mitts
Hi Kai,

You may have already organised your ones but for others who are interested, there are a few on eBay - here is a link to a seller in UK who ships to New Zealand. Postage to NZ from UK is very reasonable. I've got many items from the UK and never a single problem. (I am a BIG fan of eBay and nearly always find what I am after)

tinyurl.com/m2fjmhb

Cheers

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

More
10 years 2 months ago #481449 by kai
Replied by kai on topic oven mitts
that is also a pretty good match.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds