Cat got the mouse

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #370 by maggies mum
Cat got the mouse was created by maggies mum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43387 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Cat got the mouse
MM your cat is too well fed... this is a mouse!

Bye
Digby [:)]

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #43389 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Cat got the mouse
Ewwww!

More
15 years 1 month ago #43393 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Cat got the mouse
Hang on, I'll post a pic of our cat and her prey, no mere mice for Cindy :D

Now who can trump that without photoshop? :)

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43396 by digby
OK Kiwi303 you win

Bye

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #43397 by maggies mum
Well OK then I concede you win Kiwi303, but I bet you can't do what that 84 year can do in my other thread!

More
15 years 1 month ago #43398 by fcollingwood
Replied by fcollingwood on topic Cat got the mouse

quote:Originally posted by Kiwi303

Hang on, I'll post a pic of our cat and her prey, no mere mice for Cindy :D
Now who can trump that without photoshop? :)

Unfortunately I don't have any photographic evidence, but a cat I had in England (Pilchard) used to bring home a bunny a day, and eat the entire thing - this on top of a can of cat food a day. He was a seriously large fellow, not fat, just big-boned. I reckon his dad was the beast of Bodmin Moor.

Twice he dragged home crows that he'd killed too. I once saw him stalking a cow in a nearby farmers field - talk about ambitious.

Lili the brown tabby moggie, Maximus the brown tabby bi-colour persian, Pugsley Addams, the silver tabby exotic and 7 steers that belong to someone else.

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #43399 by maggies mum
When Tiger (him above) was a tiny kitten he disappeared, we found him in the paddock swinging off one the steers tails....

Now I reckon if he could have got him through the cat flap he would have done.......

Ok beat that...........................

lol!

More
15 years 1 month ago #43403 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Cat got the mouse
I don't think I can beat a cat trying it's luck on a cow or steer [:P] but Paddy an earlier cat here once had an arguement about who got the rat he was carrying back out by the woodheap near the shed. The pig came snuffling up to see what was up so paddy dropped the dead rat and started swiping and clawing... piggy gave up after a while and headed off with a bleeding nose, having missed paddy every time she took a snap at him all she caught was empty air and a snout full of claws.

Meanwhile another pig came in behind and wolfed down the rat while paddy was so valiently defending it.

talk about a pyhrric victory.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43405 by fcollingwood
Replied by fcollingwood on topic Cat got the mouse
Well, this is Ruby, with her prey......

Yup, she was a townie cat.......

edited by Kate: the destination website doesn't allow direct links which is why the photo wont show. The link doesn't work either but you can copy and paste the link into your browser to see the photo

Edited by Frank: Hotlinking from my website now allowed - thanks for the heads-up there Kate

Lili the brown tabby moggie, Maximus the brown tabby bi-colour persian, Pugsley Addams, the silver tabby exotic and 7 steers that belong to someone else.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43410 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Cat got the mouse
Yes I can beat it, the rabbit was a little bigger, but wouldn't go through the catflap. So it was half eaten on the doorstep and then brought inside.
I didn't take a photo, not really keen on keeping records on massacres. The remains still was as heavy as a house brick.
That was the Burmese who warms the bed most the day, I didn't think it capable of catching anything.

The other Burmese delights on catching mice, and at 3am sitting beside the bed. Growling and crunching on bones.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
15 years 1 month ago #43892 by digby
Love Ruby... hope her whiskers didn't get caught in the tracks as the cars whizzed by.

Bye

More
15 years 1 month ago #43912 by mhddp
Replied by mhddp on topic Cat got the mouse
No photos, but my cat regularly finds mice but brings them IN the house alive, loses interest then walks off and leaves them. He's supposed to find and kill them OUTSIDE ! But that's ok coz my jack russel/fox terrier cross dog eventually finds them & finishes the job.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43920 by Desert Rat
Replied by Desert Rat on topic Cat got the mouse
My family had a cat many years ago who brought home a small raptor one morning. I didn't get a positive ID, but it was probably a kestrel or a juvenile Cooper's hawk - easily half to two-thirds the size of a cat. If she caught it alive, it would have been a fight worth watching...I suspect that it was wounded, weak or done for by the time she got it. Still a pretty tough puss. She brought home pigeons every now and again, too.

My cat from university days was a great mouser and scrupulous about eating every morsel. I thought that was a fine trait. As she got up in years (late teens) and didn't hunt as well, I would put mousetraps in the garage, which was attached to the house and had a cat flap in the door. She would listen for the sound of a trap snapping on its victim, then get up, go out and retrieve it, and clean up. Nice routine.

First rule of holes: When you're in one, stop digging.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds