google fingers needed again

More
8 years 4 months ago #36991 by kai
I am searching for a pendant such as this elanora.co.nz/catalog/6912-sterling-silv...agram-prod-1100.html
However I only want one of them. I want it to replace something that meant a lot until I lost it a few months ago. I have not been able to find anything in NZ. I do not want anything that is not silver, I do not want ornamentation, I do not want crystals, I do want it in a circle as in the picture on this one.

Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #480831 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic google fingers needed again
Hi Kai - it's a bummer when you lose something special. Hope you're able to find another one. Would it be worthwhile trying to get one made by a jeweller? Might cost a wee bit, but you'd get exactly what you wanted. If you have something else made of silver that you don't need/want, then perhaps a jeweller could make it out of that?

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
8 years 4 months ago #480857 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic google fingers needed again

kai;484509 wrote: I am searching for a pendant such as this elanora.co.nz/catalog/6912-sterling-silv...agram-prod-1100.html
However I only want one of them. I want it to replace something that meant a lot until I lost it a few months ago. I have not been able to find anything in NZ. I do not want anything that is not silver, I do not want ornamentation, I do not want crystals, I do want it in a circle as in the picture on this one.

Can anyone help?

OTT are you sure you lost it and it wasn't stolen? We didn't realise we had been robbed until SOH went to use his socket set and it was no longer in its ''spot. [}:)]

More
8 years 4 months ago #480858 by kai
Replied by kai on topic google fingers needed again

max2;484546 wrote: OTT are you sure you lost it and it wasn't stolen? We didn't realise we had been robbed until SOH went to use his socket set and it was no longer in its ''spot. [}:)]

Definitely lost. Went out for the evening with friends, stayed at their place, had it on that evening, took off bracelet to go to bed, realised a couple of days later I didn't have either necklace or bracelet. They found the bracelet in their spare room, but no necklace.

More
8 years 4 months ago #480859 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic google fingers needed again
ask a jeweller for a quote to make one :)

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
8 years 4 months ago #480863 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic google fingers needed again
I got a jeweller to make me something to replace another thing I'd lost which was important to me. I drew it, at about the size I thought it was and they made it. Cool. :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #480874 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic google fingers needed again

kai;484547 wrote: Definitely lost. Went out for the evening with friends, stayed at their place, had it on that evening, took off bracelet to go to bed, realised a couple of days later I didn't have either necklace or bracelet. They found the bracelet in their spare room, but no necklace.

[:0] :( :( :( :(

More
8 years 4 months ago #480891 by Stikkibeek
Bet it is tangled in the bedsheets or somewhere in their house.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
8 years 4 months ago #480902 by hogiehorse
What about this one on eBay
tinyurl.com/olsbr5o

Looks pretty close to what you want but not sure about size. Not too bad in price even allowing for shipping. You could land here in NZ for under NZ$30. Actually, there are heaps on eBay but some are quite elaborate. You never know, you might just find exactly what you are looking for. Just be careful to select a Top Rated Seller if you decide on one.

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

More
8 years 4 months ago #480910 by kai
Thank you, close, very close, if it were bigger, it would be mine. The pentacle minus the fixture needs to be about 1 inch. Yes I know I am being pedantic, but I am trying to replicate something. I have looked on ebay, but as you say a lot are elaborate and many more not silver, but I will keep looking, there has to be one out there.

More
8 years 4 months ago #480949 by Hawkspur
I know some members of the local silversmith guild. If you want I could ask who would be keen to do that sort of work.

More
8 years 4 months ago #480957 by kai
thanks. I am hoping to find an off the shelf one. I may be that I have to get my UK friends to search as it is a common enough symbol over there. I was surprised when I moved here how many comments I got about the necklace and people asking what it meant and I have not seen many for sale here.

In case people are wondering,
1. it is not the star of David, that has 6 points
2. it is not the symbol of satanism, that is an inverted pentagram
3. the meaning is either a very early representation of man (squint and see head, arms and legs) or a representation of the five elements - wind, earth, fire, water, ether

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds