Why is it.....

More
10 years 1 month ago #482284 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Why is it.....
Nursing is a bugger of a job when you'd rather be farming.

Any experienced nurses around here who could PM me, willing to answer some general queries about crush injury after-effects, wound resolution, smelly gunk, circulation responses and the like? I'd ring that 0800 health line except they rarely help with reassuring answers, always sending one off to the doctor, which, on a Saturday up here is a pointless instruction unless it's absolutely necessary. I think everything's fine, but I didn't know all the questions which might occur to me over the continuation of this process when I last had direct access to medical personnel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #482612 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Why is it.....
Ruth, if you are willing to give homeopathy a go:

LEDUM helps to heal deep flesh wounds from the inside out and acts like a tetanus shot
SYMPHYTUM helps the bone knit together faster

Homeopathy may be taken in conjunction with other medications, there is no contra-indication. just make sure you do not eat/drink anything but water 15 mins either side of taken the drops/pills.

just a thought

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 1 month ago #482613 by Ruth
Thank you! I'm going to town for a few things today, so will drop in to the chemist for those.

The district nurse was to have come today, but she's leaving dressing supplies at the hospital for me to collect. Stephan's nurse sister says I'm doing all the right things, although there's a fair amount of debridement still necessary. Might be better doing it in little bits than all at once? I'm hoping so, because it's less painful for the patient and I can do some every day as the wound changes.

Fun on the farm.

More
10 years 1 month ago #482665 by manymules
Replied by manymules on topic Why is it.....
You're both having a rough time, Ruth. I'm no nurse but my husband had most of his toes reconstructed and wired together......i'm talking decades ago but he remembers it all too well. I'm happy to ask him questions and relay replies. I totally agree about the 0800 healthline. Grrr. I realise you've got a massive amount on your shoulders at the mo, and that time is precious, but what about finding a forum relating to toe reconstruction and giving it to Stephan to rummage through? I bet there'd be a lot of real gems of information, both reassuring AND medically useful. Just a thought.

Learning a little bit every day. Loving life. [:D]

More
10 years 1 month ago #482696 by Ruth
I'll have a look. At this stage it's just a broken bone with a nasty crush injury around it.

Yesterday was four weeks since it happened. The best stress-relief right now would be some rain so the cattle can look after themselves! Someone brought a lovely dinner last night and there's another on the way tonight with relatives. That helps so much.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds