Fixing power rate

More
8 years 5 months ago #36921 by terralee
Fixing power rate was created by terralee
We got a letter from Genisis today offering to fix our power cost for 2 years ...they fix the Daily fixed charge the trade off being they increase the anytime and variable controlled rate charges - cents/kWh ....just wondering if it is worth taking them up on the offer .....
Has anyone else received this offer ...is it worthwhile or just a gimic? Any opinions welcome :D

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #480329 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Fixing power rate
Hi Terralee - I posted a similar question after receiving an offer from Genesis. Here's the link: www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/lsb-forum/showthread.php?t=38074

In the end, we didn't take the offer up. Figured why pay more power now when we don't know what effect the partial sale will have, and at what stage prices will go up. But there's always that nagging doubt as to whether we made the right choice... :D

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
8 years 5 months ago #480336 by lars arsbjorn
Replied by lars arsbjorn on topic Fixing power rate
hello every person

We are coming returning for long time after, geographic irregularities may constrain function regarding suggestion however solar never running low and further most costing none

hope i helping

ha det bra, adjø
Lars

( i am from the Scandinavian my translation poorest in english)

More
8 years 5 months ago #480345 by zellakanzx
Replied by zellakanzx on topic Fixing power rate
absolutely second. Off grid solar.

cheers
rob

More
8 years 5 months ago #480346 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Fixing power rate
As per Mich's thread, do try ''whats my number'' website. We converted back to Contact after being with powershop for a couple of years and I'm surprised even with the daily rate how much less we are paying.

But no I wouldn't sign a fixed rate deal. too competitive out there now for your business.

More
8 years 5 months ago #480351 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Fixing power rate
Thanks guys ....pretty much what I was thinking ...will leave as is ... Muri I did that what's my number quite some time ago and Gensis was the best option then ...
Mich hopefully we have made the right decision too[;)]

Cheers

More
8 years 5 months ago #480366 by Mich
Solar would be wonderful - just not affordable for us to even consider at the moment. :D I was listening to a talk-back programme yesterday though, where there was a suggestion that gas hot water heating may be cheaper than electric - on the basis that it's "on demand" rather than constantly having hot water on tap, even when it wasn't needed. It would be interesting to do some research on the cost of changing over to it.

Terralee, we did a comparison of other companies as well, and Genesis was cheapest here, too.

What really infuriates me is that power companies have people over a barrel - by increasing the daily charge whenever they feel like it, the only way you have of controlling your monthly bill is to cut down on power. There's only so much you can do that before the quality of daily life is affected.

And did you read that S**f article recently where some report inferred we weren't paying enough? Or not always enough to cover the cost of supply? [}:)]

On the plus side, we got a note from T**ecom today to say that they're adding another 10 gigs to our broadband plan for free. Would be great if we managed to use what we're already paying for, LOL.
Cheers, Mich.

More
8 years 5 months ago #480384 by max2
Can I turn this into a OTT rant? What gets me is we were credited to our power account approx. $600 ''rebate'' in december from the wholesaler and our then power company said they weren't allowed to refund it to us, rather it had to stay with them.

Well in December I could do a lot with an extra $600 as i imagine the rest of you could too, but why charge so much in the first place (wholesaler) if we are getting a rebate in December.

Why not direct credit it back to the client instead of the power retailer?

So confusing....

More
8 years 5 months ago #480386 by max2
sorry Terralee I'm on a roll. [;)]

Mich raises a good point re getting an extra gig or whatever from telecom when they don't use what they are paying for.

The NZ herald did the same to us, we subscribe to the Saturday herald delivered by our wonderful rural postie, and they decided to give us Friday edition for free about 7 or so months ago.

We received a letter saying our subscription price is going up.... well, starting giving me what I want and paying for, and not what I don't want. Don't tell me about costs rising when I'm getting something I don't want.
Same with the skymag, I don't want it, but can't turn the damn thing off our subscription. [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

sorry Terralee. Hijacked your thread. :eek:

More
8 years 5 months ago #480389 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Fixing power rate
Haha ...highjack away max2[;)] ....I feel all those things ...and much more !!!

I love horses[:0] ...OK no surprise there then ...I have many friends who are involved in the racing industry (I use to be on a few levels as well) ..anyway I watch the FREE to air channel TRACKSIDE:eek: ...BUT come 14th of April it will be on SKY[:(!][:(!][:(!] ...SKY have kindly offered free deal until Dec 31st to Trackside viewers ../.well NO THANKS ...I won't be joining SKY for a lot of reasons[:(!][:(!][:(!] ...least of which is the monopoly they hold on so much television (and the blooming cost come Dec when the *free* deal comes to it's end [:(!][:(!] feel :( :( I shall miss Trackside :(

Oh and Mich :) ...we got that same letter from Telec****M too ...just yesterday giving us another 10 thingies for free[}:)] ,,,funnily enough we are coming to the end of the 12 month contract we are stuck in with them ...and as soon as it is finished we are out of there ...the treatment we endured while trying to get the blasted phone connected here when we shifted left me nearly nuts[:0]:eek: and I vowed to take all our business off them as soon as the contract was up therefor not costing us $$$ to break!!!

Lots to rant about these days :(

Cheers

More
8 years 5 months ago #480392 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Fixing power rate

zellakanzx;483959 wrote: absolutely second. Off grid solar.

Or even grid tied. Our latest power bill was $2.65 for over 2 months even with the sad summer we've been experiencing :D

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
8 years 5 months ago #480400 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Fixing power rate

terralee;484008 wrote: Haha ...highjack away max2[;)] ....I feel all those things ...and much more !!!

I love horses[:0] ...OK no surprise there then ...I have many friends who are involved in the racing industry (I use to be on a few levels as well) ..anyway I watch the FREE to air channel TRACKSIDE:eek: ...BUT come 14th of April it will be on SKY[:(!][:(!][:(!] ...SKY have kindly offered free deal until Dec 31st to Trackside viewers ../.well NO THANKS ...I won't be joining SKY for a lot of reasons[:(!][:(!][:(!] ...least of which is the monopoly they hold on so much television (and the blooming cost come Dec when the *free* deal comes to it's end [:(!][:(!] feel :( :( I shall miss Trackside :(

Oh and Mich :) ...we got that same letter from Telec****M too ...just yesterday giving us another 10 thingies for free[}:)] ,,,funnily enough we are coming to the end of the 12 month contract we are stuck in with them ...and as soon as it is finished we are out of there ...the treatment we endured while trying to get the blasted phone connected here when we shifted left me nearly nuts[:0]:eek: and I vowed to take all our business off them as soon as the contract was up therefor not costing us $$$ to break!!!

Lots to rant about these days :(

Cheers

Lol. I get where you are coming from with SKY, BUT - if you get to the point you miss Trackside, don't forget SKY do a package for just over $18/month which gives Tv 1,2,3 and Prime, Maori, C4, Choice, Face, Trackside, one or two others plus 4 radio channels. And we get two channels of their choice a month for no cost - this month its food tv and a kids channel, sometimes its UK tv or docos. Plus we can have pay movies - $6.99 for one movie for 24 hours.

They don't tend to tell you about this cheap package and try and up sell you, but we had to get SKY here to get tv and didn't want to pay much. I was hoping to go freeview but the Trackside change means we cant as hubby likes the horses.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
8 years 5 months ago #480402 by ccrk9
Telecom drive us nuts with phone calls and snail mail offers for broadband and homeline offers - but we cant get fixed line broadband here! And there is an issue with wireless although satellite (if I could afford it) works. They have a "one" size fits all attitude. A sales man wouldn't be told that despite the high speed cable being in the area we are to far from the box on the road (10km) and Chorus have told us even if fixed line worked it would be at dial up speeds!

The ANZ is the other one trying to add services I don't want to to my banking - starting with the "new" visa paywave debit cards. Had a fight with them over that!

IF I want a new service or to change anything with any company I will research and ask for it - not have it forced upon me

More
8 years 5 months ago #480404 by ccrk9

Mich;483982 wrote: Solar would be wonderful - just not affordable for us to even consider at the moment. :D I was listening to a talk-back programme yesterday though, where there was a suggestion that gas hot water heating may be cheaper than electric - on the basis that it's "on demand" rather than constantly having hot water on tap, even when it wasn't needed. It would be interesting to do some research on the cost of changing over to it.

Terralee, we did a comparison of other companies as well, and Genesis was cheapest here, too.

What really infuriates me is that power companies have people over a barrel - by increasing the daily charge whenever they feel like it, the only way you have of controlling your monthly bill is to cut down on power. There's only so much you can do that before the quality of daily life is affected.

And did you read that S**f article recently where some report inferred we weren't paying enough? Or not always enough to cover the cost of supply? [}:)]

On the plus side, we got a note from T**ecom today to say that they're adding another 10 gigs to our broadband plan for free. Would be great if we managed to use what we're already paying for, LOL.
Cheers, Mich.

T**com - a joke. I have 100 free call mins on my cell phone to any landline or cell phone in NZ. So they give me free unlimited calling to to other T**lecom numbers....and of course I hardly use all my free 100 mins and never get any free calls to T**lecom numbers. I would rather they gave me more data on my phone.

More
8 years 5 months ago #480405 by Mich
Max2, I'll join you in another rant - we also recently got a letter from Telec*m trumpeting they were giving us a brilliant deal by increasing our monthly bill by $3. For that we'd get 12 mins (or something like that) free calls to or from our landline or mobiles. Given that we rarely use our mobiles as we can't get cellphone coverage at home, and only use them for emergencies when away, I wasn't impressed.

I contacted them and asked if we could leave our plan as it is because their lack of coverage meant we were paying an extra $36 per year for nothing. Also grumped about being told they were doing us a favour when clearly they weren't. They wouldn't change our plan, so in order to mitigate the increase in cost a bit, we had to cancel an add-on service that we do use! Not happy.

Ccrk9, I'm definitely with you - one size doesn't fit all and if I sign up for a plan,then I only want it changed if it's of benefit to me - and that's my decision, not the company's.
Cheers, Mich.

PS - Organix - don't you know it's rude to gloat when people are in the middle of a rant!!!! So infuriating!!! :-) :-) :-)

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds