Hot water booster pump

More
8 years 6 months ago #36618 by AlwaysGreener
Has anybody installed one of these and found it beneficial? Would really appreciate feedback. Somebody has also suggested a header tank, any thoughts?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476948 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Hot water booster pump
If you don't have a header tank and your on town supply then you'll have a tempering valve and a copper pipe on the roof which takes the place of the header tank. Extend the pipe and reset the tempering valve

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

More
8 years 6 months ago #476983 by Muz1
Replied by Muz1 on topic Hot water booster pump
I have tank supply with header tank. Water pressure to shower was not good so had good fortune of having mate fit an in-line booster pump. Certainly made a difference-not up to mains pressure but well acceptable now.
Adjusting temp can be tricky-too far into cold and flow through pump drops below pressure needed to keep pump turned on. A couple of instant cold experiences makes one careful.

Everything Must be Somewhere

More
8 years 6 months ago #476997 by zellakanzx
Replied by zellakanzx on topic Hot water booster pump
what's the objective? whats the situation?

obviously low HW pressure... but.. more info required.

a pump requires electricity, fine if you have plenty. also runs intermittently, PITA if you like to shower without listening to a pump running.

cheers
rob

More
8 years 6 months ago #477003 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Hot water booster pump
A cousin installed one in a house where the hot water pressure from a header tank was very poor to the new upstairs bathroom.
We used the shower, and didn't notice the pump running or anything wrong with the pressure, so it was working well!
I can't say what the pump was, but it probably isn't available here anyway, as this was in Yorkshire.[;)]

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds