Free tree removal

More
8 years 6 months ago #36611 by mrharlz
Free tree removal was created by mrharlz
Hi,

I know many places around will remove trees for free as they sell them for firewood.

Does anyone know of anyone in South Auckland area that does this as I have a big gum I would like removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476883 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Free tree removal
Make them pay you for it. There are a lot of thieves and rogues in the wood / timber industry who will screw you over quick as look at you. Good luck.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476889 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Free tree removal
oh I don't know Igor...

I had a fab guy out in west Auckland who took out a lot of problem pines for me, labour for firewood.. saved me a fortune..
lost track of him and when 3 macros came down, I found out just how expensive it is to get the timber cleared... $000's ouch[:0]

More
8 years 6 months ago #476890 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Free tree removal
if you had a woodlot or something I have just the fellow for you. But for one tree, and I presume its in a delicate situation, then you could try the yellow pages or local rag and get as many quotes as possible to compare.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476891 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Free tree removal
agree with swaggie and if it is in a delicate situation, make sure they have liability insurance

More
8 years 6 months ago #476892 by tehoro
Replied by tehoro on topic Free tree removal
Wow, I wish I could find someone to remove trees for free! I either do it myself or end up paying $$$.

I would have thought that firewood suppliers wouldn't be interested in a single tree,

More
8 years 6 months ago #476905 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Free tree removal
three old macs a couple of years ago - $1,300...

and that's without removal of the wood, just felling...

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
8 years 6 months ago #476907 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Free tree removal

Blueberry;480183 wrote: three old macs a couple of years ago - $1,300...

and that's without removal of the wood, just felling...

3K and that was with the trees down!.. just cut into logs and push tailings into heaps..

More
8 years 6 months ago #476911 by max2
Tree removal/forestry guys are being hounded by the press and OSH to tidy up their act even if it is already tidy, employ sober and straight staff who are happy to subjected to random drug testing (be amazed at the number of people who don't want to be drug tested and want to work) and have their equipment and insurances in good order.

As you can probably guess, insurances and ACC premiums are high, so their on costs are also going to be high.

We have to start accepting that self employed blue collar workers are (well in most cases:rolleyes:) well experienced and trained in their field, have business cost outlays as do dentists, lawyers and anyone else in their own business.

The main thing is to check the quotes are within market range and that you are not being ripped off.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476912 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Free tree removal
This subject has been discussed at some length on here before. It might be worthwhile for mrharlz to search old threads for further information.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476913 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Free tree removal
I wasn't complaining, just saying that's what we paid.

Those guys (it was a whole crew) did an excellent job - there was a mature rimu about 5m down the hill from the largest Mac (the macs were supposed to fall in the opposite direction, but you never know!), and not a 'leaf' was damaged, despite some of the longer mac branches were hanging over and into the rimu.

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
8 years 6 months ago #476924 by max2

igor;480190 wrote: This subject has been discussed at some length on here before. It might be worthwhile for mrharlz to search old threads for further information.

Sometimes when i read a thread title, and the subject was only mentioned the week before, I wish Kate had a sticky saying ''trying using the search function first'', but that is my impatience to deal with. [8D]

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds