Google+ invitation to join circle.

More
8 years 6 months ago #36506 by wandering free
I had an email from a friend yesterday inviting me to join his circle on Google+ so I thought why would he want me to join a circle when he can just phone me, but seeing we have been friends for a long time I thought what the heck and clicked to be added to his circle, today he phoned me and said I was the second person to invite him to join their circle on Google+, I said "it was you invited me?" to which he replied "no I didn't I wonder if we have been scammed" so we are both wondering whats going on, any one had similar experience, my friend thought it's Google trying to competed with Facebook which neither of us are on either, and no intention of joining.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476043 by zellakanzx
google is spam.
Its read your contacts and picked the most likely candidates.
Re read the wording of the 'invite'
does it actually say s/he invited you,
or just that your friend is here too, and if you link up they can target their advertising and keep tabs on who does what with who?

cheers
rob

More
8 years 6 months ago #476053 by wandering free

zellakanzx;479213 wrote: google is spam.
Its read your contacts and picked the most likely candidates.
Re read the wording of the 'invite'
does it actually say s/he invited you,
or just that your friend is here too, and if you link up they can target their advertising and keep tabs on who does what with who?

Hi Rob, it definitely said he invited me, but he found by going into Google account overview it's possibly to remove google+ without removing other accounts, so google+ is now gone. I just think Facebook and Google+ could be very time wasting.
Bryan

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds