Juicers

More
8 years 7 months ago #36478 by spoook
Juicers was created by spoook
We are looking for a juicer, not a citrus press, a real juice maker for carrots, greens and fruit etc.

So many on the market, just wondered if anyone has an opinions. Good or bad, all the same.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #475705 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Juicers
If you're planning on extracting juice for health benefits you are best to go for a 'slow' extraction system such as a single or double auger set-up. Double augers extract maximum juice but are very expensive commercial quality generally. Centrifugal (fast) extraction systems are believed to damage the juice's enzymes and such.

The Oscar brand juicers are single auger, extract well, are built very strongly and are easily cleaned after use. We have a 900 model which gets a fair thrashing without any issues. Our Saturday morning standard is carrot, celery, beetroot and apple with parsley, ginger, lemon, orange, garlic or whatever else is lurking in the fridge. The byproduct pulp can be used in muffins or fed to the poultry.

Oscar 900s often come up on Trade Me for a reasonable price (as ours did) from sellers who though a juicer was essential but lost its appeal after a few uses.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
8 years 7 months ago #475718 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic Juicers
We got a Compact Juicer with a mincer attachment, we like the mincer better than the juicer, not that the juicer is not good for the things it likes, but it doesn't handle soft fruit, even apples that are soft unless you mix in some hard fruit for the auger to get a grip on, we got ours to make cider to turn into vinegar but it was very slow mainly due to the small size of the feed tube, we bought an oxo apple corer slicer that did speed things up a bit but it took 8 hours to do 30lts and after letting the sediment settle it only had an extraction rate of just over 50% probably due to only being able to use just ripe, but firm apples, in comparison to the cider press I made that on fully ripe soft apples with 12 ton of pressure will extract 70% and produce 50lts in half the time, old technology still has it's uses. :D

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

More
8 years 7 months ago #475720 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Juicers
Being a pensioner I have the juicer I can afford.
The Breville juice fountain.
It is the one used in the Documentary Fat,sick& nearly dead.
I use it daily for fresh garden greens carrot red beet ginger & apple.
I believe it has improved my health quite a lot in the 7 months I have been using it.
My need for heart med has been dropped by the Dr to 1/3 of the previous dose.
Celery & fennel are standard in my greens & seem to have helped my arthritis.
I would like to have a juicer with less plastic in it but beggars can't be choosers.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
8 years 7 months ago #475812 by Belle Bosse
Replied by Belle Bosse on topic Juicers
Mum has the Champion juicer and loves it.
It is heavy duty, easy to use, easy to clean and has an auger with grating/crushing/squeezing action.
It also makes lovely "icecream" out of frozen bananas and fruit.

I've only got the smaller Breville juice fountain centrifugal type. Pain to clean up. But better than nothing.

More
8 years 6 months ago #476411 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Juicers
we have the Lexen electric Juicer, bought it new for $299 4 or 5 years ago. has been running fine, and we use it quite often.
www.thelotusheartgifts.co.nz/catalog/pro....php?products_id=242

seems it's still the same price

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
8 years 6 months ago #476675 by DMW999
Replied by DMW999 on topic Juicers
I've just purchased a Breville Juice fountain and first trial - doing a heap of grapefruit (that were wasting on the ground!!) went really well. Only trouble is now I have heaps of grapefruit juice and need to find a recipe to make it more palatable. Anyone have one?

More
8 years 6 months ago #476691 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Juicers
We bought a Sunbeam Cafe Series juicer. Rather large on the bench but works well. Not sure if I would be using it to just make some juice for breakfast with so much clean up needed.

So far it has been mainly carrot and orange, better with the oranges peeled [;)]
Apple and pear is very pleasant, have yet to try a green juice. Need a little more time to get organised.

The chooks and goats are loving the pulp [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds