Bombshell duly delivered!

More
10 years 4 months ago #475670 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Bombshell duly delivered!

Stikkibeek;478796 wrote: I think the rationale for keeping cattle off the roads is that the cow manure and urine actually destroy the tar seal, and will speed up the rusting of cars. Horse manure doesn't seem to have the same effect

I was wondering what the excuse was in NZ for the poor standard of tar sealing.
Good to know we can blame for cows for that one too, despite them not actually walking on the parts sticking to my tyres this week in the warming weather.... :rolleyes: [;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #475679 by Stikkibeek

swaggie;478798 wrote: I was wondering what the excuse was in NZ for the poor standard of tar sealing.
Good to know we can blame for cows for that one too, despite them not actually walking on the parts sticking to my tyres this week in the warming weather.... :rolleyes: [;)]

Just think. The tar sticking to the underside of your mudguards, may just slow down the creeping cancer of cow induced rust!:rolleyes:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 4 months ago #475763 by Emma Horsley
If you want to stay where you are and it seems that is the preferred option, after all the work you have put into the property, NZTA should be paying you compensation for the loss of value of your property and buy any land you want to now relinquish.

There is also room to negotiate them paying to build an underpass.
Selling the property or any part of the land now to another party other than NZTA will be difficult given the proposals and real estate laws mean you or your agent must divulge any plans that may affect that property. Meaning you will get less than you should if you can sell it at all.

The property has been devalued already with the proposals on the table so NZTA, if it wants the land, should be paying you the market value before the proposals were mooted.

Horizons Regional Council has been going through the same process with the residents on the Taonui Basin with new flood protection proposals and land has been bought and compensation paid to some landowners whose properties are going to be affected by floodwaters where they weren't before.

It could be worth talking to those people to discuss how they pushed their case. I can put you in touch with someone who could give you some advice. PM me if you're keen.

Emma
Horsley Cottage
horsleycottage.com/

More
10 years 4 months ago #475803 by Belle Bosse
Oh, Sue... Im sorry to hear that the road is going through your lovely quiet place... I know I would not like it at all.

I know what it is to live 250m away from the busy Southern Motorway in the south of Auckland. The traffic is two lanes either direction into and out of the city and the road noise is a constant roar day and night with the added sounds of sirens and truck engines braking. A line of pines is not sufficient to block the noise.
It only quietens down when peak hour traffic hits and everyone is crawling bumper to bumper, or the rare occasion when the motorway is blocked off because of an accident.

To be honest I cant wait to get out of here to our bit of peace and quiet where the silence is deafening and bird songs fill the air.

I hope you are able to sell at a good price and find a quieter location where there wont be highways, mining or electricity towers going up any time soon. And already developed so you dont have to start again from scratch.

Wishing you all the best!

Ps, dont settle for an underpass to reach the other side of your property... suggest they put the road alterations out of sight and underground!

More
10 years 4 months ago #475880 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Bombshell duly delivered!
Good luck Sue. I have a friends on Otaki Gorge road whom Transit are mucking around no end. Transit have bought out the properties all around their place but wont tell them if they want all or part of their property and its been dragging on for years now. Must ring and see how they are. My friends have already bought a bigger block elsewhere in the area but are waiting on sorting out their present property before they can move or build. I suspect what ever compensation $$ they get it wont meet their costs or compensate for the stress.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
10 years 4 months ago #475897 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Bombshell duly delivered!
Thanks, have taken various comments on board and will go along to the 'information day' on Saturday and see what else I can learn!

I'm sort of, kind of, getting resigned to a compulsory purchase of all or most of the property-must have a look around and see if there is anywhere I'd rather live!!!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
10 years 4 months ago #475903 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Bombshell duly delivered!
Sue you're right that it's better to be 'affected' than just out of range as we were with Transpower. You'll get information as well as money although that's still no real compensation for having your lives and property disrupted.

Get everything in writing and record all public meetings. Transpower lied at the Board of Inquiry about what they'd told landowners.

Good luck
Kate

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds