Let's go phishing!

More
10 years 3 months ago #36430 by Stikkibeek
They must think we are mad, yet they still try it on!

Says it all really. Just think. I could be a whole lot richer! Sigh! :rolleyes:

We hope this email would find you in the best of health and spirits.

We write to inform you that we caught a DIPLOMATIC LADY CALLED MRS. PATRICIA DIKEM AT JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT here in New York with cash of US$250,000.00 in a Portfolio. Meanwhile, base on our interview with the Diplomat, she said that the Portfolio belongs to you, that she was sent to deliver the Portfolio to your doorstep not knowing that the content of the Portfolio is money. With our Interview/Investigation so far with the Diplomat, she confirmed to us that the money in question originated from Nigeria, West Africa........................
FBI LEGAL ATTACHE OFFICE IN NIGERIA
AMERICAN CONSULATE;

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #475319 by Del
Replied by Del on topic Let's go phishing!
Woe, awesome! Congrats you, with the exchange rate that's 300k :D

More
10 years 3 months ago #475329 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Let's go phishing!
Wasn't a headline over the last fortnight or so about the amounts of $$'s Kiwis were sending to Nigeria in hope of these emails being somewhat true?

I really don't understand how folk can be so gullible.

More
10 years 3 months ago #475334 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Let's go phishing!
Often, the people caught up in scams are vulnerable because of other things going on in their life. My mother, who was a very bright person, normally the first to spot any scam, was fooled by one when she was very ill with cancer and perhaps felt too ashamed to say anything. Luckily I caught it as I was helping her with her finances just a week or two before she died, and as the payments were by credit card, they were able to be reversed.
She did not have more than a thousand dollars, but they had taken it.

As you can imagine, I am not very helpful to scam phone callers. I have had a few who get angry with me for making their life slightly less profitable by delaying them with stupid questions, even been referred to their supervisor! It amazes me how angry and affronted they are, which makes me wonder whether they even realize what they are involved in, or how much they think the world owes them.
The longer it takes for them to find a vulnerable person, the better.

More
10 years 3 months ago #475394 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Let's go phishing!
With caller id we know who's calling and if it's a dodgy overseas number, I'll answer the phone as Christchurch Police Station. They don't seem to ring back.

More
10 years 3 months ago #475683 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic Let's go phishing!

Aquila;478496 wrote: With caller id we know who's calling and if it's a dodgy overseas number, I'll answer the phone as Christchurch Police Station. They don't seem to ring back.

What a great idea

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds