another trademe help

More
8 years 7 months ago #36424 by kai
another trademe help was created by kai
OH listed an item, when he told me the following day I said the buy now price was far too low. I went onto trademe, withdrew the item, selected the option to list a similar item and unchecked the buy me now option as I did not want it, it was the whole point of unlisting the item. I have now had someone buying it with the old buy now option despite it very definitely did not have one in the new listing.
Unfortunately you cannot see what if there was a buy now price listed with your auction after it has sold, nor does trademe give you a confirmation of what you have listed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #475122 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic another trademe help

kai;478190 wrote: OH listed an item, when he told me the following day I said the buy now price was far too low. I went onto trademe, withdrew the item, selected the option to list a similar item and unchecked the buy me now option as I did not want it, it was the whole point of unlisting the item. I have now had someone buying it with the old buy now option despite it very definitely did not have one in the new listing.
Unfortunately you cannot see what if there was a buy now price listed with your auction after it has sold, nor does trademe give you a confirmation of what you have listed.

Check your Sold Items category. If the item sold via a Buy Now it will be shown with a yellow 'price tag' logo with a $ sign on it.

I don't understand how someone could have purchased using a Buy Now which you say you deselected :confused: Also so long as the item had no bids placed all it would have taken would have been to delete the Buy Now option via the Edit Price function rather than "unlisting" the item.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
8 years 7 months ago #475123 by muri
Replied by muri on topic another trademe help
It costs money to withdraw an auction, $3 I think per auction.
Can only assume you didnt re check your auction that it had no buy now when it was relisted. The only way someone can buy it without bidding is if it still has a buy now on it so have to assume you didnt properly remove the buy now price.
If you dont like the price, explain to the bidder that it was a mistake and you want to relist the item without a buy now.
The only thing that can happen is you get a red face, which is not the end of the world

More
8 years 7 months ago #475480 by kai
Replied by kai on topic another trademe help
nope I can say with 100 % certainty the buy now was removed, double and triple checked as it was the only reason to removing the listing (yes I know that costs and I paid the cost) and re listing. As a programmer I can see the logic where the buy which can have been carried through erroneously.

I have asked for the phone call records where the trademe person first of all denies there are bugs in their software, then says there are a quite a few, just the one I logged has not previously been noted. I have also asked for the terms and conditions that I accepted when I first joined be sent to me, so far no response.

I am going to take them to the small claims disputes tribunal. It will cost them more than I am seeking. My time will be free, theirs will not.

More
8 years 7 months ago #475490 by Name123
Replied by Name123 on topic another trademe help

kai;478589 wrote: I am going to take them to the small claims disputes tribunal. It will cost them more than I am seeking. My time will be free, theirs will not.

Please post updates. It would be both interesting and educational.

More
8 years 7 months ago #475509 by muri
Replied by muri on topic another trademe help
But kai what would be the point of that? They will definitely wipe you off their books so you wouldnt be able to use them again.
The small claims tirbunal isnt necessarily based on what is right or wrong, so i have found out in losing a case that legally I shouldnt.
But, do make sure you have made a copy of the auction as they disappear from files after 45 days so make sure you have a hard copy of the auction.
They will just say you didnt remove the buy now and the Tribunal will just adjudicate on that basis

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds