Free Frieght?

More
10 years 7 months ago #475031 by jenni24
Replied by jenni24 on topic Free Frieght?
In theory, I have no issue with the surcharge for rural delivery, and understand that its applied by the postal companies/couriers, but in this case they advertised free shipping nationwide. There was no mention of conditions apply, or anything along those lines. And I count my rural address as part of our nation, so expected free shipping.

However, I ended up paying the fee, because the item was for a birthday present, and we needed it sent asap. But my telephone conversation with the owner of the company, certainly left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. He even went so far as to say that my phone call to discuss the matter with him had probably set me back more than the rural surcharge fee we were discussing. Ha! I called using your 0800 number...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #475035 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Free Frieght?
We fall under the RD umbrella, but are lucky in that there is a postal delivery centre nearby. We get all our mail diverted there and don't have any issues with extra charges. The postal and many other courier companies drop off and pick up there too, so, we don't have to pay RD charges at all.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 7 months ago #475041 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Free Frieght?

Stikkibeek;478094 wrote: We fall under the RD umbrella, but are lucky in that there is a postal delivery centre nearby. We get all our mail diverted there and don't have any issues with extra charges. The postal and many other courier companies drop off and pick up there too, so, we don't have to pay RD charges at all.

How lucky are you [:0] :D :D Lets hope you get to keep the postal centre after the axe has swung and disappeared a lot of post shops etc.

More
10 years 7 months ago #475053 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Free Frieght?

ronnie;478100 wrote: How lucky are you [:0] :D :D Lets hope you get to keep the postal centre after the axe has swung and disappeared a lot of post shops etc.

I hope so too, but the shop is privately owned and not a post shop as such, so hopefully it will remain safe. mail goes to a private bag at the sorting office and the owner of the shop picks up and resorts for locals.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds