Biolytix waste water problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #474830 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Biolytix waste water problems

Maungamutu;477836 wrote: So much has changed in the 18 months we've had this one in the ground, which alone makes it very hard to recommend as a sound investment to anyone in the future?

A new boilytix biopod was being installed yesterday I believe on a west coast NI property, north Kawhia vicinity (I've had my eyes wide open and nose to the ground) - Still plenty being sold.

I'm up near the boondocks near Port Waikato. From memory the plumber who took over from the two Rotorua based guys was from northland??? I'm stretching my memory now.

All I can add is that I wish you well with your attempts in getting yours fixed. I am extremely happy with the direction we went. Far cheaper, works, no on going service fees and the worms (albeit the ones in the ground) are delighted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #474951 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Biolytix waste water problems
Time for Fair Go on TV I think. This has got me wondering now as we are in high water table area and have an old septic that plods along nicely despite ground water getting in during winter.

But an empty house up the road just had a new septic put in before it goes on the market. I wonder if its a boilytix. Must investigate as that property is worse than ours for flooding in winter.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
8 years 8 months ago #474997 by Maungamutu
Fair dues to Mr biolytix so far, they came down from Auckland to look - and to look after their company name, even though they didn't sell or receive any money for this biopod. We are working on a bit of give and take at the moment because the people I need to deal with now are completely different businesses/companies that were around when it was installed.

It appears that the plumbing firm from Te Awamutu that installed mine and many others around this area did a rushed, expensive and poor jobs (which is what I ended up with) I regret using them, the warning signs were there. I have switched to another service agent in Hamilton and sort a testimonial from one of their customers who had some teething problems with their biopod, who is now very happy.

On a side note, while we were discussing on site I mentioned I had my mother-in-law staying with us while she was undergoing chemotherapy for 4 months which they said I was lucky to get away with entering the biopod. Don't know if everyone with a biolytix or similar system would be aware of that? But what else can you do in that situation?

Currently monitoring water ingress - still a work in progress, but now getting some better support.

More
8 years 8 months ago #475011 by Hawkspur
I am glad you have had that good response so far. I hope things get completely resolved.

That's a tricky one regarding the chemo...not all people going through that could cope with any "alternative arrangements". :( I Hope she gets well too.

More
7 years 6 months ago #501467 by Maungamutu
An update on this.

Came through the winter and it leaked again and flooded, killing all the worms. Got it drained, bought more worms and then carefully watched it till it could be serviced and checked over a bit better ( servicing is now required every NINE months now we are told on these systems??!! )Had the service done - $400+ and told the status.
Alarm faulty between house and tank, drainage field is too blocked, still has ground water ingress into tank. It's basically a lemon
Know of one other near that has similar major issues after having work done to it also.

I'm not to keen to spend big money on something that has performed so badly after a few years, so probably have to install a complete new system at our own cost!

Anyone out there wanting to buy a second hand Biolytix biopod?

More
7 years 6 months ago #502000 by max2
I missed your update (sorry) but whilst searching for one of my own, came across it.

I see a regular advertisement for the product from some plumbing company. Is that who you have been dealing with?

Is it too late for the consumer guarantee act for you with the original franchisee.

More
7 years 6 months ago #502281 by Maungamutu
The current plumbers selling and installing them now want nothing to do with any Biolytix systems not installed by them - they don't even want to do a basic service. I've been dealing with someone contracted to Biolytix Auckland. They are trying to do right by the brand name, but all costs are on me still. What annoys me the most is that every time a serviceman comes to work on it there is a change or modification/update on it around how it should be working, which kind of makes me feel like I'm paying for all their product development !!!

More
7 years 6 months ago #502316 by max2
I really feel for you! Whilst silently ecstatic we didn't end up with one....

So from memory (please correct me if I am wrong) the aussie inventor sold out leaving you further in the deep and wrigglies... but you still have a permanent tank in the ground with a certain amount of tunneling or channels for the waste water to disappear into.

Have you considered going back to basics and use that tank and channeling to re-configure what you are doing?

We didn't end up with the system (as you may have gathered from our posts) but have a tank that gathers our waste and then disperses it over a variety of underground channels and pipework through our orchard.

Main waste is supposed to be pumped out every 5 years or such but we haven't come across that issue yet. All designed by a local waste water engineer and far cheaper than the original bio proposal.

More
7 years 2 months ago #506903 by Philp
Replied by Philp on topic Biolytix waste water problems
Really interested to hear any other stories around the Biolytix system, we have had no end of trouble with ours and expense...... we are not new the to lifestyle gig - have lived rurally on septic systems for over ten years. Its only been in the ground five years, first two years it was okay - next three it has cost me a small fortune to keep it from overflowing and spilling raw sewerage everywhere.... which has happened several times. I realise that there was some history with Aussie/NZ but quite frankly this excuse doesn't wash with me - our problems started after NZ took over and they have been more difficult to deal with they refused to return calls, had no service agents and I ended up having to pay local plumbers/electricians to come and help get it working again. The one time we had a "qualified" service agents out he managed to crimp a wire when putting the lid back on after supposedly servicing it which resulted in it shorting the pump out and another $800 electricians bill.....for me.......

More
7 years 2 months ago #506988 by Maungamutu
Feel for you Philp, ours is limping along just and is due to blow another pump any day. In the mean time it's using about 20% of our household power usage!!
What part of NZ are you? A mate who also has one of these lemons has had his flood recently too. We are on the 3rd set of plumbers/technicians and still haven't found someone that truly has the answers. I'm thinking the best person to work on it now is myself cause of had my head looking down into it that often.
I truly do wonder how long the current NZ manufacturers will stay solvent because of the reliability of the things.
Interested in "fair go" anyone ?

More
6 years 11 months ago #511332 by Philp
Soooooo the end result of talks with Biolytix over the last 12 months is I am expected to foot the bill for a complete rebuild of this tank. Furious as it has been in the ground five years, and despite pouring thousands into repairing it to keep it functioning - it is completely useless. I wonder if anyone else in NZ has gone ahead with a rebuild and if it worked..... or if the tank just craps out again (excuse the pun). Biolytix are only prepared to offer a two year warranty on the work and then have quoted me $250 plus a plumbers time to do the servicing..... which has to be done every 9 months. Hynds Lifestyle system is looking very appealing right now..... what a huge disappointment to have so many hollow promises made.......and yes - this feels worthy of a Fair Go episode!

More
6 years 11 months ago #511464 by Maungamutu
yeap ours is still leaking, our friends one has just died and flooded twice lately. They shouldn't be able to be installed new anymore but they are still selling them with a website quoting some bullcrap warranty!!
Some of the responsibility should really fall back onto the council authorities that signing off compliance for these things?!!
What part of the country are you in Philp?

More
6 years 11 months ago #511465 by Maungamutu
forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1637931
Just look at these problems the Aussies have had with the systems.
Some idiot gave the biolytix systems some flash award in Australia and everyone rightly thought it was good enough to buy - only problem it was wasn't really tested or proven.
The manufacturers in Aussie must be breathing a sigh of relief they went into receivership before all this came out!!

More
6 years 11 months ago #511905 by Philp
Yip - well I have well and truly given up on getting any reasonable sort of a response out of Biolytix NZ.. ever since NZ took it over they have been a shambles to deal with, I have spent over twelve months trying to get some sort of answers out them in regards to what my options are to fix this system which appears to have never been fit for purpose. They sent one of the service agents up to replace the 3rd pump (in five years) and he managed to divert our drainage field onto our driveway drains and for the past 7 months have had raw sewerage oozing down our driveway. Bet Council would love to fine me for that environmental breach!!!! I have had lots of false and hollow promises and continual fob offs by the owners and staff. They suggested I pay them to rebuild the tank at my cost of over $4,000 - but were only willing to offer a 2 year warranty on the system after that..... oh and they were using my rebuild as a training exercise for the newly appointed plumber down here. They then told me I should be expecting to pay $500 servicing fees every 9 months...... this has been such a nightmare and has cost so much more money than we ever envisaged. I can't see how it is fair that when NZ took the operation over (and all of our troubles began with this system because we could not get service agents or any intelligent response out of NZ Owners). But they appear to simply get to wash their hands of previous installs and have no liability because the are a different legal entity than the company that installed the system.....again - we had not problems with the install but since NZ have taken it over and could not supply reasonable service - our troubles began. I would have to say BUYER BEWARE - VERY AWARE of Biolytix - the system appears to be a lemon with "fly by night" service agents.

More
6 years 11 months ago #511916 by Philp

Maungamutu;518522 wrote: yeap ours is still leaking, our friends one has just died and flooded twice lately. They shouldn't be able to be installed new anymore but they are still selling them with a website quoting some bullcrap warranty!!
Some of the responsibility should really fall back onto the council authorities that signing off compliance for these things?!!
What part of the country are you in Philp?

Hi - I am in Wellington.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds