Never rains but it pours, ...

More
10 years 5 months ago #36333 by RhodeRed
Never rains but it pours, ...

Work client who wants me to do a bunch of extra work for them starting tomorrow after not having paid my invoices for the last 6 weeks and has a hard time seeing where the problem is with that, ...

Got a call from my wee daughter, which was great, 'til it turned out to be driven by my ex-wife (of 5 year ago and that I don't see) trying to manipulate my daughter to demand Mommy and Daddy get back together which necessitated a 30minute defusing session with the wee one explaining very gently that Mommy and Daddy aren't getting back together anytime soon, ...

Girlfriend who asked why I was flat, then blew up at me over what was going on with my daughter via the ex-wife (ok don't ask me then next time), ...

I find one dead hen and one that had a chunk of skin ripped off its side, probably a dog, ferret or feral cat, ...

IRD called to be authoritarian, pugilistic and demanding, ...

Had an energy company letter arrive threatening to turn off the power to the house when I don't have an account with them and never have (turns out previous occupant had a utility connection (overgrown now) on another part of the property they skipped out on), ...

'TardeMe randomly removing an auction one day before closing after people had already bid up hundreds of dollars, ...

New points, condenser and ignition coil for the cultivator arrived in the mail from UK, ... fitted them and the thing STILL won't fire-up or give me a spark, ...

.. I've got the flu'...

... and that was just the afternoon. [:(!] [B)]

Ah that feels better already.
So whats twisting your knickers at the moment ? ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #474209 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Never rains but it pours, ...
I think I'm having a better day than you. :) But on the positive note, at least you are popular. :D [;)]

More
10 years 5 months ago #474210 by Del
Replied by Del on topic Never rains but it pours, ...
Well in hindsight, I now know my day wasn't actually that bad! Thanks, Your work here is done :D

More
10 years 5 months ago #474212 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Never rains but it pours, ...
But the day is only half done, theres a lot more of it left yet!

More
10 years 5 months ago #474217 by zellakanzx
cant help you with bugger all else, but have you checked the continuity of the points and that its actually collapsing at the coil? Or has it gone to ground somewhere betwixt?

cheers
rob

More
10 years 5 months ago #474222 by Stikkibeek
Bad day yesterday for the guys putting in my new deck. Brought a borrowed post hole digger to put in the posts and it wouldn't go. CRC and spark plug clean later, it spluttered, then, the pull cord came out of it. They had to dig the holes by hand! :(

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 5 months ago #474235 by Blueberry
well, looking at it this way - i'll just suffer through my busted knee - seems like a small deal..[8)]:rolleyes:

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 5 months ago #474237 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Never rains but it pours, ...
Shit for brains neighbour sprayed my grass berm last week. I get on fine with everyone else around here and some other neighbours don't get on with this idiot either. I think he has some sort of inferiority complex because he is only a manager employed by a corporation while the rest of us are all owners.

More
10 years 5 months ago #474256 by Belle Bosse
My very muddled day yesterday seems tame compared to your day...
It started out ok with getting hubby off to work but got progressively out of control!

I started weeding and tidying up the vege garden to make space for new plants... it started raining each time I went out to the garden.

I went to have a shower... but the 1000L tank has been dry for the past 2 weeks and the 20 litre container ran dry as well,... so running round in towel swapping water containers and trying to reprime the pump.

Took a load of washing up to the shed and an empty water container... Had to fill the water container before connecting up the washing machine. Then had to leave the full container outside the shed as I didnt have the trolley to take it back and too far to carry...

Went to make a loaf of bread... but the breadmaking things needed washing. Bread not made.

Went to start doing the dishes... but only had 5 litres of water and had to heat it up in the kettle. Only got dishes partially rinsed.

Had to empty the campa pottie... a job I hate, but thankfully this time the dump-station wasnt blocked.

On way back to caravan I stopped by the shed to pick up the water container and check on washing. Intended to put the full water container in the back of the car... while concentrating on the heavy load... cracked my head on the back door of the station wagon which wasnt fully open... not quite stars, but ouch!

Not thinking and put the full water container by caravan door instead of by tank as I was going to do the dishes... knocked over garbage can and scrap bucket when I went to move the container to the tank...

Cats tell me its their dinner time... Im still trying to sort out the dishes and get dinner ready and bread still not made and the washing need to be collected from the drier... husband arrives home and laughs at me for having another muddled day!
He did get his dinner and the bread did get made in the breadmaker and we tried to get to sleep with fireworks going off around us...

Will try to do better today and see if I cant get myself lost heading over the northshore with the trailer... lol

Thankfully I now have a full tank of water after it rained most the night... yippee!

More
10 years 5 months ago #474319 by Muz1
Replied by Muz1 on topic Never rains but it pours, ...
Someone once told me we are dealt so much crap and so much good. I guess if the crap gets done first, good times are ahead.

Everything Must be Somewhere

More
10 years 5 months ago #474331 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Never rains but it pours, ...
That's a good thought Muz. Here's hoping.

More
10 years 5 months ago #474345 by jenni24
Rhodered...hope the rest of your week is shaping up a little better! :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #474349 by arnie.m
Work and Income wanting more info on our Income, than they ever have previously (my wife is on early super so is means tested):confused:

Problem is some of the info is nonexistent yet as it has not happened, and will not be available for another month. So what do they do? They cancel our Super even tho I am well over 65 until they get the nonexistent figures. The thing is the info the want will make no difference at all to our income for the last year and make no difference to our payments. :( :(

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
10 years 5 months ago #474361 by terralee

arnie.m;477333 wrote: Work and Income wanting more info on our Income, than they ever have previously (my wife is on early super so is means tested):confused:

Problem is some of the info is nonexistent yet as it has not happened, and will not be available for another month. So what do they do? They cancel our Super even tho I am well over 65 until they get the nonexistent figures. The thing is the info the want will make no difference at all to our income for the last year and make no difference to our payments. :( :(

They better blooming well back date it the ....maybe a Christmas bonus[;)]

Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds