Any comfy couches near Marton?

More
8 years 8 months ago #36143 by Kiwi303
I have a lead on a job in Marton with a beekeeper there, with a possible interview next week if I can coax WINZ into ponying up for the ferry fares to get to the interview.

To save cash on a motel or backpackers, if there anyone in Marton who would be happy to host me for a night or two?

I'm looking at crossing on the morning ferry, run up to Bulls/Marton/Surrounds and kipping down for the night somewhere, a comfy couch maybe, or pitch a tent near Lake Dudding where my road atlas shows a DOC campground. Meet the beekeeper the next day, show him I can crack a hive, run a smoker, etc. Meet the team discuss pay et al and then either head down the same afternoon or kip down again and go down the following morning.

Any nice generous LSB hosts or hostesses around? :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472377 by WillEyre

Kiwi303;475114 wrote: I have a lead on a job in Marton with a beekeeper there, with a possible interview next week if I can coax WINZ into ponying up for the ferry fares to get to the interview.

To save cash on a motel or backpackers, if there anyone in Marton who would be happy to host me for a night or two?

I'm looking at crossing on the morning ferry, run up to Bulls/Marton/Surrounds and kipping down for the night somewhere, a comfy couch maybe, or pitch a tent near Lake Dudding where my road atlas shows a DOC campground. Meet the beekeeper the next day, show him I can crack a hive, run a smoker, etc. Meet the team discuss pay et al and then either head down the same afternoon or kip down again and go down the following morning.

Any nice generous LSB hosts or hostesses around? :D

If you don't mind living amongst wildlife, sleeping in a Landrover and dining alfresco, maybe you could spend a few days with the reclusive Lord Lucan.
He's got a little place (a semi-converted fertiliser shed) handy to both the railway line and main road, and only quick hitchhike from Marton.

Best of luck.
Ed

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472399 by shad297
Ha ha just watched that youtube very funny, however his accent is definitely not 'highbrow' but a common London accent unless he is putting it on. Also yes he is far too young.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
8 years 8 months ago #472427 by belinda_h
Yep. PM me.

More
8 years 8 months ago #473260 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Any comfy couches near Marton?
Did you get the job Kiwi?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds