and the poor old elephant cops the blame

More
10 years 5 months ago #36032 by igor
www.nzherald.co.nz/animals/news/article....34&objectid=11128277

I was always of the opinion that the elephant in question should have remained with the people she knew at the circus. Instead she was taken into unfamiliar surroundings, with strangers, resulting in trouble for all concerned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #471144 by max2
Last I heard (which is a while back) they were still trying to raise money to be able to afford to transport her. However why its ''closed shop'' is unacceptable esp. to the SPCA.

I always thought the animal activist groups should have been in there earlier helping to raise the necessary funds too.

More
10 years 5 months ago #471172 by katieb
from what I understand is they hired a person to handle her & get her ready for transport

fundraising was to pay for the staff as well as other expences, not sure if they got enough

Auckland zoo staff were working there as well back when other animals were still there but I assume its only the elephant there now so just the team who looks after her now

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds