Bathroom renovations: Code of Compliance required?

More
8 years 9 months ago #36018 by kiwilassee
We are renovating our bathroom and intend to do the plumbing work ourselves (hubby and Father-in-law have built and plumbed two houses in the past but are both not 'certified'). But we've just been told that we need to get a Code of Compliance from a Certified Plumber.

We are stripping out an old vanity and shower unit and installing a new bath, vanity and shower. The shower will be in the same place. The bath tapware/plumbing will be where the vanity was but the vanity plumbing will be new.

We are on our own tank supply and septic tank system, and not connected to mains water at all.

We are in Auckland (Manukau).

Do we need a Certificate of Compliance from a Certified plumber? And if so, any recommendations for one near Totara Park, Manukau?

Thanks, in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #470931 by igor
No. The works you have outlined are exempt from a building consent under the first schedule to the building act therefore you don't need it. Just do it and say nothing.

More
8 years 8 months ago #471611 by jazznz
If you are changing any pluming to a new location you need to.
i agree with above just do it and say nothing

More
8 years 8 months ago #471616 by max2
We have just removed a corner bath for our plumber to install a new toilet for my mum who is currently in hospital rehab.

No one at all has mentioned that it needs council approval and frankly I don't give a damn.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds