Digitising photos mounted in albums - who else?

More
8 years 9 months ago #35924 by reggit
I've got a heap of photo albums that I want to digitize, but they are black page/permanently mounted, and trying to do them on a desktop scanner is providing a pain the proverbial.

I am seriously thinking of investing in a mobile scanner - one that you place over the photo and scans to high res, and you can then load the memory card into your computer for storage/processing - but they are a bit pricey.

I am thinking there must be others out there who would be interested in this service, though - if it was available at a suitable charge per 10/100/whatever photos, would you be interested?

Just a thought at this point in time :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #469817 by Stikkibeek
You can also get a good result with a macro lens, but I can't vouch for the quality off a digital camera. I still use my SLR 35ml macro for that. Then, I can scan and print the resulting photograph.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
8 years 9 months ago #469819 by reggit
I have tried everything, Stikkibeek, and am at wit's end. Love my photo albums but they have to go into storage for goodness knows how long, and I want digital copies. Am willing to take a punt on this :D

Only for us oldies with prints, about 8 large black page Henzo albums full. Will also do my mother and grandmothers albums once I have this gizmo.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
8 years 9 months ago #469906 by Aquila
I have Camscanner on my smartphone, Take a photo of the item, the phone corrects and makes it square then saves it as a file. You can get through a lot of pages quickly.

More
8 years 9 months ago #470002 by reggit
What's the resolution like (dpi settings), Aquila.

Just interested in whether the results are as good as a scanned (close up), or if it produces a photo of the photo, as it were, from a distance...or do you hold it onto the photo to scan?

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds