Bath Cleaning - Farm Water Jiff vs Chemico

More
10 years 6 months ago #471048 by Toast
Finally got the oxalic acid. Rang Bunnings again & struck super helpful lady who even told me aisle number, which product it was next to & how many packets left! Great service.

Did it once & everything went well except that the fumes just about blew my head off. Wonderful white drip marks on the bath (I did the wall above first). Decided to call it a day after 500ml of mixture. Came back to it next day & it woldn't dissolve properly & none of the sprayers would work. Sloshed it on with a rag. No real result. Repeated all that today, including painting it on with small paint brush.

I think I must have got some moisture in the bag because it is similar to salt that has been stored somewhere damp. Also I don't get any fumes. Do you think the moisture has caused the actual acid to burn off?

I shall buy some more next time in Palmerston North & give it another go. I was certainly impressed the first time & couldn't wait to have a perfectly white bath, along with toilet & hand basin.

Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #471174 by 4trees
Hi Toast, possibly the granules had all sunk to the bottom of the mix overnight. I think from memory I add a little warm water to the mix to dissolve the granules properly, then add the rest of the water to make up the solution. I have found that I only have to use it twice a year and we have a real problem with the iron in our toilet water. I just spray and leave it overnight or for the day, then rinse off. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
10 years 6 months ago #471355 by kaumea
the cheapest and most effective cleaner i use is 900 ml water and 100 ml vinegar :) or stronger (more vinegar) i have it in a spray bottle and it works for cleaning everything (windows, kitchen, bath etc)

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
10 years 6 months ago #471481 by Toast
Vinegar doesn't work for this. Thanks anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
10 years 6 months ago #471552 by kaumea
have you then tried toothpaste? it even takes out grass stains in clothes :)

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
10 years 6 months ago #471562 by hogiehorse
You could try 'Bring It On Cleaner' - I got some for my shower but have found it extremely useful in lots of other ways. Has a mild jewellers grade abrasive in it, and is readily biodegradable according to claims on the website: www.bringitoncleaner.co.nz

Not cheap mind you. You can get it on TMe as well as in the big stores like Mitre 10 Mega, Bunnings etc.

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds