Fishing kayaks

More
10 years 7 months ago #468775 by wandering free
Replied by wandering free on topic Fishing kayaks

Aquila;471144 wrote: Sorry the sarcasm didn't carry very well..... I use a knife to iki fish between the eyes or just behind, push it past the hard but then swing it back and forward till the mouth springs wide open and the fish stops moving

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I actually thought you had a valid point. :)
Just out of interest what type of fish are you catching.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468788 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Fishing kayaks

Belle Bosse;471205 wrote: A silly question... but why do you need a rod to go fishing from a kyak?
.

I think the only advantage is that it is easier and faster to reel the line in and so less chance of the fish getting off the hook. I have seen very short rods about 50 cm long which I think would be ideal, however I already have a 5ft one from when we had a boat, so unless I get very addicted to it, don't want to have to buy a new one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468804 by Belle Bosse
Replied by Belle Bosse on topic Fishing kayaks

kai;471220 wrote: I think the only advantage is that it is easier and faster to reel the line in and so less chance of the fish getting off the hook. I have seen very short rods about 50 cm long which I think would be ideal, however I already have a 5ft one from when we had a boat, so unless I get very addicted to it, don't want to have to buy a new one.


LOL fair enough then, I hope you find the thing you are looking for.
Have you tried looking up Burnsco? www.burnsco.co.nz/ they have boaty bits... and fishing bits to go with boats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468806 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Fishing kayaks
Yes, we used to have a card (probably still do if I looked for it), but the nearest shop is over an hour away. But yes, they do have a fantastic range of stuff (at least the chch branch does)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468819 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Fishing kayaks
Rods act as a big spring when the fish jerks the line, they also provide leverage when fighting large species like marlin, tuna, kingfish etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468821 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Fishing kayaks

wandering free;471207 wrote: I actually thought you had a valid point. :)
Just out of interest what type of fish are you catching.

Butterfish, blue moki, blue cod, the odd terikihi, trumpeter, crays, kina, paua, crab.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468827 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Fishing kayaks

Aquila;471253 wrote: Rods act as a big spring when the fish jerks the line, they also provide leverage when fighting large species like marlin, tuna, kingfish etc

I am just hoping to catch something big enough to be legal :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #468852 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Fishing kayaks

kai;471261 wrote: I am just hoping to catch something big enough to be legal :)

There's a good reason they call it fishing and not catching....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds