My printer thinks pink is the best colour!

More
15 years 1 month ago #358 by Isla
(I can't see the computer forum listed any more.)

I can't stop my computer printing anything I see as shaded grey on the screen in pink and I don't like pink much at all and frankly, in a bull catalogue page, it doesn't necessarily 'work'! Any ideas? I may just have a crappy system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43248 by kate
Your printer should have a print test page facility - try Start, Printers and Faxes, right-click on the printer icon and choose properties. Maybe one of your colour cartridges has run out? On the other hand, maybe pink is a good colour ;)

The PC forum was merged with the book club forum and morphed into the OT forum :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
15 years 1 month ago #43249 by Isla
It's just got the black and colour cartridges in. I think it's a software problem. When I tried printing a photograph a couple of months ago it was ALL PINK! HORRID.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43250 by kate
If you do a print test do all the colours print properly? If the blue is empty or blocked then the blend of colours doesn't happen. If you get blue-tinted glasses it may help :D

Web Goddess

More
15 years 1 month ago #43253 by moggy
probably you need a new cartridge, one of the colours will have run out.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43255 by Isla
But grey will print grey sometimes. I just don't understand why if I ask it to print in greyscale, i.e. only black and white, it still insists on PINK. Bloody thing.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43257 by reggit
Has happened to me before too, you'd think grey would just be a level of black ink, but apparently not. New colour cartridge I'd say.

PS if ever buying a new printer, buy one that has four cartridges (black, cyan, magenta, yellow) as you'll find that one or two colours will run out way before the others and can be replaced individually without having to chuck what is left of the remaining colours too...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43258 by Isla
In that case my bull catalogue pages can just be pink.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43259 by reggit
I'm sure it won't affect the testosterone levels of the bulls featured! [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43261 by Isla
Painting them pink and putting flowers in their ears wouldn't even do that!

More
15 years 1 month ago #43264 by wyseyes
You haven't got pink paper loaded by any chance?

Nah, it is defintely your colour ink cart is either empty of a couple of colours, or the nozzles are blocked.
See if there is a 'nozzle clean' option under Maintenance in the printer. Sometimes I have to clean 3-4 times if I haven't used the printer in a while, as the ink dries in the jet, and needs to be blasted out.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

• Toni - Northland
15 years 1 month ago #43265 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic My printer thinks pink is the best colour!
Mine did that for ages and when I put a new ink cartridge in it come normal again. I was thinking all sorts of nasties about This Damn Printer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds