Banning the woman who sleep drives!!!

More
8 years 10 months ago #35730 by kai
Can anyone tell me what point it would serve? She was asleep, I am pretty sure in that state she is not going to remember she has a ban.
Speaking as someone who has broken a leg and ankle and not woken up when sleepwalking (and done other things) I can understand what you can do and not wake up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467620 by Deanna
I see no point in banning her at all. Unless, not having access to a car anymore would stop her.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467622 by Hawkspur
It isn't possible to say without more info than the reports I've seen. Does she have narcolepsy or sleepwalking or ...?
If she is banned from driving, the vehicle keys can be kept from her.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467626 by kai
narcolepsy tends to keep you from sleeping rather than sleep walking/driving.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467641 by Hawkspur
Narcolepsy is not insomnia, those with it can sometimes fall asleep even when doing relatively active things. It can be very dangerous. Some people with narcolepsy have insomnia at night, but most just have disturbed sleep then.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467660 by kai
True, but it if the person falls asleep it puts them almost immediately into a deep sleep which is not a sleep walking state. I read up on it after I broke my leg.
In this case she had not fallen asleep after starting to drive, she was already asleep before she started.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467668 by stephclark
scary thought! she drove for 5 hours or something?.. amazing .. there must surely be part of the brain functioning when she is in this state or she wouldnt have made it out of the driveway, let alone 5 hours of driving...
[;)]i have trouble finding the right gear first thing in the morning and i am awake[:0][:I]

More
8 years 10 months ago #467672 by wandering free
She apparently took sleeping pills, then drove, now that shows a level of intelligence that should make the record books, or the Darwin awards.

Just me and the cat now, on 2 acres of fruit and veg + hazel nuts, macadamia, chestnuts and walnuts,
www.youtube.com/user/bandjsellars?feature=mhee

More
8 years 10 months ago #467690 by Blueberry

stephclark;469997 wrote:

[;)]i have trouble finding the right gear first thing in the morning and i am awake[:0][:I]

Or so you think!?!??[;)] :D

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds