GST Refund - Bank Transfer or Cheque Only?

More
8 years 11 months ago #35665 by Toast
Received a cheque for GST refund for the princley sum of $6.42.

Can I not have it transferred to my bank account. Perhaps I've missed ticking a box in the IRD set-up on the internet.

Can anybody advise please?

Not a big deal but I hardly get to town in banking hours now & they keep closing branches.

Go to local small town on a week-day morning but bank not open by the time I have to leave for late morning work. Was rather peeved one day when there was a sign on the bank saying closed for staff training which is fair enough. However, the staff were out sweeping the carpark!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #466955 by Ruth
I have all my GST returns (all these days means about one in six) direct credited. Phone them up.

Most of the banks will receive posted deposits. Phone your bank and ask where to send a cheque. We took to doing that when the odd cheque arrives, or such payments end up being delayed by a week or two until we get to town at the right time of day.

More
8 years 11 months ago #466960 by Toast
Thanks.

Posting cheque to bank - last time it was two weeks from the day I posted it until they deposited it. Other cheques sent to businesses in the same city were banked the day after I mailed them. Needless to say automatic payments didn't go through (I didn't check that it had gone in, so that's my fault).

They had some lame excuse and made me out to be in the wrong!

There's an option where you can credit your refund to another type of tax. Might be able to credit towards my annual tax or even the next GST return would be good. Will follow it up.

More
8 years 10 months ago #466962 by ronnie
Hi Toast, in the section where you can credit it to another tax is the option for direct crediting it to your bank account. I have just done mine and received the credit :D

More
8 years 10 months ago #466966 by Toast
Thanks, Ronnie. I'll look out for that option next time I'm in credit.

More
8 years 10 months ago #466973 by Ruth

ronnie;469220 wrote: Hi Toast, in the section where you can credit it to another tax is the option for direct crediting it to your bank account. I have just done mine and received the credit :D

I vaguely recall there's something about them having had to have received confirmation of your bank account already for that option? (I may easily be thinking of another form.)

More
8 years 10 months ago #466979 by Mich
Hi Toast - yes, it's easy. If you're set up for online filing of returns, just go into your account details and put in your bank account. From memory it asks you if you want payments direct credited. Not sure if it's too late for this time, but as Ruth said, try ringing them and seeing if they've posted the cheque yet. Great about the credit :-) ANY refund, specially from IRD is welcome, I reckon.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
8 years 10 months ago #467025 by Blueberry

Toast;469217 wrote: Thanks.

They had some lame excuse and made me out to be in the wrong!

change bank?

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
8 years 10 months ago #467026 by Toast
Thanks, everybody. Will do the July return early & deal with it then. Great that you can put in the return & not pay til due date as I did with the June one.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds