Amy and Maxi - Sorry, doting mum sharing cute pix

More
15 years 1 month ago #355 by Louise W
Just wanted to share these photos of Amy and little Maxi - She was just ecstatic when mum took her for a ride yday. The look on her face is, I think, absolutely priceless.

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43205 by reggit
Love the expression on the first one!

What is it about kids and horses hooves? My little helpers age 3 and 4 (now 5 and 6) used to fight tooth and nail for the honour of picking out the grotty smelly hooves!! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43206 by Louise W
Hey Tigger, you should really call them your little 'helpers' (inverted commas) coz lets face it - how much help are they really at this age?! LOL! And as for the feet, OMG who would know?! She's obsessed. I draw the line at the Clydie feet which are about the same size as her head but I am sure, given the chance, she would have a go at them too!!!! :D

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43207 by 4MyStandys
Lovely feet there Lou :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #43208 by Dream Weaver
Lovely, nice to see the joy on her face. complete and utter happiness, so nice to see kids being kids.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43209 by kate
Great photos Lou...I can't believe how big Amy is [:O]:D

Web Goddess

• maggies mum
15 years 1 month ago #43210 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Amy and Maxi - Sorry, doting mum sharing cute pix
She's such a lucky little girl, and a little beauty too.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43211 by reggit
And very nice posture and leg/heel positions, I must say!! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 1 month ago #43216 by Kiwi303
how do you tell if she's sitting properly [:P] Only time i rode a horse it took 3 ppl to hold me on :D mind you, at the time I was still in a wheelchair at a riding for the disabled course.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43217 by Louise W
LOL, well she is and she isn't - It is very hard in a pony pad with clogs as they she ends up tipped back. Ideal position basically the rider should have a straight line from their shoulder to their heel. If that makes sense?

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43218 by Kiwi303
umm... a straight line makes me visualise someone standing to attention like on a parade ground, with a horse between their legs, doesn't sound to comfortable.

From reading westerns I gather the toes should be down, heels high in the stirrups, calves and knees doing the gripping not the thighs... And thats as far as my knowledge extends

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43219 by terralee
Just Awesome Lou .... a chip of the old block and many more shared years to come from the look.
Cheers and thanks for sharing ... bought back long ago memories of my youngest daughter ... she's now 30 and Still smiles like that on horse back!

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
15 years 1 month ago #43220 by wino
Aww look at that! Gorgeous grins.

Maxie has come on too, he's looking like a fabulous lead rein pony now - such a pair of cutie pies.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
15 years 1 month ago #43221 by reggit
Kiwi303, stand up straight like you are on the parade ground, now bend your knees while keeping your upper body as it was and looking straight ahead. Bend a bit more. Now that is pretty much what Louise means by a straight line from shoulder through hips/bum to heels.

Isn't it funny though, kids at that age seem to automatically put their heels down, whereas adults first time on seem to point their toes and crouch forward!!!! Never worked out why :D

• chooky
15 years 1 month ago #43222 by chooky
Lovely pics of pony and Amy :). It's lovely to see a child so happy and relaxed on a horse. I have seen heaps of kids at pony club days looking terrified and unhappy and it is often because of parents putting too high an expectation on them [V].Amy looks as if she is really enjoying riding.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds