Hayes butchers block and tackle

More
8 years 11 months ago #35490 by woodyone.john
I have recently inherited one of these but dont quite seem to understand how the rope go on it:confused:.Also what size rope would be the right size to make the brake work. if you have one and know how i'd sure love to know.cheers john

Lost in transgression

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #465022 by LongRidge
I too have one and have not worked out the windings. If it were more important that I knew how to thread one I would hang it down low and thread thinnish nylon through until it was working. Or, I would take the block and tackle into various hardware shops that sell rope, ask if they knew how to thread it, and buy the rope from the first shop that had someone that could thread the correct rope properly.

More
8 years 11 months ago #465030 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Hayes butchers block and tackle
Can you post a pic?I doubt I can help, but I would be interested to see what you are talking abou.

More
8 years 11 months ago #465034 by Stikkibeek
Don't know if this is useful or not. It's off Ehow
Instructions
    • 1 Set the two blocks down on their edges, so that the sheaves are standing up. The top of the blocks should point in opposite directions and their sheaves should be lined up, one above another, like a pair of "equals" signs: = =. Attach one end of the line to the "thimble" (a small metal loop on the bottom of a block) of one of the blocks, either with a knot or an eye splice. This is the standing block.
    • 2 Pass the line from the thimble of the standing block to the movable block and reeve it through the left sheave on the movable block. Only after the line has been riven through a block is it called rope, whether it be steel cable or a fiber line.
    • 3 Pull the rope back up to the standing block and reeve it down through the left sheave on the standing block. Then pull the rope back down to the movable block.
    • 4 Reeve the rope up through the remaining sheave of the movable block, then back to the standing block. Then, reeve the rope down through the remaining sheave of the standing block.
    • 5 Tie a knot at the end of the rope after you pull the rope through the final sheave on the standing block. This will prevent it from coming back through the sheave and prevent the block and tackle from un-reeving itself accidentally.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_5527610_make-block-tackle.html#ixzz2Z15Rm0f8

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds