Living in the country - what does it mean for you?

More
9 years 1 month ago #463300 by Blueberry
I quite enjoy having both; working in town 80% in a mentally stimulating job(well, most of the time, anyway), then coming home, change into ratty clothes and going out to dig my fingers into the dirt, talk to the animals, browse through the gardens, then cook a meal that has come from our property in its entirety. Neighbours a fair distance away, so the noise of 'civilisation' is just a distant memory.

This morning, coming back from feeding the ducks, collecting the eggs and checking on the ewes, I looked up and saw three herons fly over - just gorgeous!! I pity townsfolk :D [;)]

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #463304 by igor
Agree with Kiwi303. My ideal block is big enough that I could fire a heavy calibre rifle in any direction from the main house area and know that the spent bullet would fall on my own land. I'm never likely to achieve that but everyone needs dreams.
I grew up on a farm but lived in cities and towns for seventeen years. Now that I have escaped from the town I have no wish to go back. As stephclark says there is always work to be done, be it repairs on a run-down old block or development on a bareland block, but I enjoy making things and fixing things. The thing I enjoy most about living in the country is the freedom to do things that I just could not get away with in town.

More
9 years 1 month ago #463378 by Aquila
It would mean a hell of a lot but with a low offer from the insurance company, sounds like it won't happen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 1 month ago #463441 by reggit
The possibility of a bit of peace and quiet...not having to hear every toilet flush or toilet seat being dropped in neighbour's place as used to where we lived in town (and that was on a quarter acre section!) :(

Hearing dawn chorus.

Enjoying good neighbours close by (which we had)

Enjoying the different seasons and the things they bring (lambs etc)

Not a rose tinted view, but the things I did enjoy while was on our 3 acre block with awesome neighbours, down a right of way off a not too busy road...but no longer :(

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds