Could you please vote for Mason

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #35212 by SarahM
I hope I'm allowed this post Kate?

MASON is entered into the Baby of the Day contest today - Sunday 2 June.

You can vote twice from every device - computer, phone, iPad etc.

We'd love to win this - it would top off a horrible fortnight where hubby and I have both had surgery.

www.ohbaby.co.nz/community/baby-of-the-d...-for-today's-winner/

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461810 by terralee
Hi Sarah ..I just tried to vote for Mason (very cute kid BTW :) [;)]) ...not sure my votes registered tho":confused:

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461827 by SarahM
Thanks and thanks Terralee. When you vote it should come up with a bar graph showing who is leading. There is no need to log in or join the site etc.

Mason is coming second, and closing - so exciting! :D

5 acres, husband, daughter, son, me, about 12 sheep and their lambs, currently no ram (yay!), 2 Galloways, about 35 chooks, 3 cats and 2 budgies.

• germanshepherd
9 years 3 weeks ago #461830 by germanshepherd
Replied by germanshepherd on topic Could you please vote for Mason
looks like spam to me

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461831 by Ruth
While I sympathise with your unpleasant week, I don't feel overly happy about this sort of thing. Has Mason done anything praiseworthy or worthwhile that we should know about?

I'm doing a lot of conservation fencing and would like you to help pay for my tractor.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461833 by SarahM
For your information Mason is my nine month old son. Yes he has done plenty of praiseworthy things in his short life.

I'm sorry but I thought this little online community to which I've belonged for over 5 years was a little more charitable - perhaps not.

To those who have supported and voted for Mason, I say thank you.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461834 by Ruth
No need to be upset by my comment. I don't believe it's uncharitable: I don't like this sort of popularity contest based on appearance and people being asked to vote for something when it's not based on anything more than your request and a little picture.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461835 by BlueSkyBee
I've really got to agree that these baby contests are quite inane, and it all comes down to who knows the most people really...

I'll chuck a coupla bucks your way for the tractor Ruth... ;)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461836 by Ruth
PM me: you get visiting rights and if you like, you can paint your name on it! Or have a plaque on a reserve fence-post! Biodiversity conservation is a big job for individuals; all help gratefully received.

Sarah, if you send me a tractor donation, I'll vote for your baby. [}:)] No, hang on, that's probably getting really dodgy. :D

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461845 by kate
Lighten up folks - it's a harmless contest set up by a website to encourage people to visit it. As a long-time member of lsb I think Sarah is entitled to do this, we've had quite a few members make similar posts in the past.

I've voted for Mason :D

Germanshepherd, we allow long-time members to post things that we wouldn't allow for new members. After 5 years and over 1,000 posts Sarah is obviously not here just to promote that website...

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461846 by Ruth
I'll vote for him if I can have him for a couple of weeks when he's big enough for some serious fencing or scrub-cutting. [;)]

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461849 by shad297
Well I shan't be mean spirited and I've had kids so I have the maternal instinct. Don't worry Sarah I've voted for him! what a cute chap.
People don't have to vote if they don't want to, they are perfectly able to ignore the post.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461850 by Ruth
Oh you know some of us, we can't ignore anything. :D

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461854 by SarahM
Thanks again for those kind enough to vote. :)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #461856 by Aria
Cute boy - he got my vote! Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds