have to share.. hope Kate doesnt mind

More
9 years 1 month ago #35201 by stephclark
as some of you know, we have hit on hard times and 2013 is proving to be a trying year financially...

so being as frugal as poss, our 'big outing' was a trip to the local supermarket for some taco chips (nachos for dinner ).. so whilst down there we thought we would look at the shops and see whats what....

we discovered a new fish and chip shop ( well new to us )..checked out the menu and pricing ( all good ).. then out of the blue the owner asked if we would like a sample..ok thought I.. a bit of fish and half a dozen chips..HELL NO..the 'sample' was enough for our dinner! .. and I must say it was the freshest fish and best chips I have tried..

they now have a new customer! and has absolutely restored my faith in human kindness .. fyi, he knew nothing of our circumstance, so it wasn't charity...just brilliant to see a business owners not all about the $$$$

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #461677 by Hawkspur
Nice... :) :)

More
9 years 1 month ago #461678 by eelcat
That's lovely for you - really warms your heart when something like that happens

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
9 years 1 month ago #461681 by Aria
So wonderful - these sorts of lifes little surprises. You and the new shop in town both deserve to do well!!

:) :) :)

• germanshepherd
9 years 1 month ago #461684 by germanshepherd
Replied by germanshepherd on topic have to share.. hope Kate doesnt mind
it is a pity you are so far away as i enjoy sharing my veges.I had to buy broccoli and it is awful compared to home grown.I used to ride my horse thru Kumeu about thirty years ago.In fat i used to ride over the Greenhithe bridge.!!

More
9 years 1 month ago #461687 by muri
It wasnt down in Waimauku was it, there is a fish and chip shop down and thats the sort of thing he would do

More
9 years 1 month ago #461701 by stephclark

muri;463445 wrote: It wasnt down in Waimauku was it, there is a fish and chip shop down and thats the sort of thing he would do

:D yip that's the one

More
9 years 1 month ago #461762 by Mich
Aw Steph - that's such a lovely story. There are a few (probably more than a few) of us in similar situations at the moment and we, too, have been on the receiving end of people's kindness lately. I like to think that I can pay it forward in some way but it really lifts the spirits when a nice little surprise drops in on you unexpectedly. Blessings to you both. :)
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds