smoking and quiting.. again

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #35055 by stephclark
Ok sooo here I go again.. this time with Champix.. anyone else tried this?
the side effects sound ghastly.. but at least the vomiting will help with potential weight gain (.. one has to look on the bright side eh? )

experiences anyone?..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Akzle
11 years 2 weeks ago #460407 by Akzle
Replied by Akzle on topic smoking and quiting.. again
grow your own, then theres no reason to quit.

• germanshepherd
11 years 2 weeks ago #460408 by germanshepherd
Replied by germanshepherd on topic smoking and quiting.. again
i wonder what other crap "they" put n anyway??

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460410 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic smoking and quiting.. again
Yep, tried Champix - I got really bad nausea and other less severe side effects. If I skipped a pill - then the nausea would go away. Hardly smoked at all while on it (likely because I was felling so sick) but never fully quit. Persisted for nearly four weeks but the nausea won out - and back onto the smokes now.

Been growing our own for a while now :-)

You'd be very surprised how good home grown is. You can certainly tell there are no chemical additives. We mix it with a bit of store bought tobacco just to improve the burning quality (i.e. keeps the smoke smoking). But to grow enough to support a two smoker household we need to be planting, harvesting and drying more regularly. Mind you, with the cost of smokes we might as well employ one of us full time on this job!!! :D :D :D

Best wishes - hope Champix works for you and you do quit! No matter how many times I've tried, I'll always try again and again .. and someday, I'll break free!!!!

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/462008=12297-harrisonhill 013.jpg[/img]

• Akzle
11 years 2 weeks ago #460414 by Akzle

Aria;462008 wrote:
Been growing our own for a while now :-)

leeeegend.

might i ask how you cut yours? it's the one thing i fall short on, i've heard things about pasta machines, coffee grinders and paper guillotines, but yet to test any...

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460417 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic smoking and quiting.. again
I went cold Turkey Jan 27th 2012, don't miss it at all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460426 by kindajojo
"You'd be very surprised how good home grown is. You can certainly tell there are no chemical additives."

so you are sucking smoke into your lungs and you can tell there are no chemical additives, this would be important why?
Does organically grown tobacco have more health benefits?

Sort of like asking Korea if their next bomb is being made from ethically sourced uranium

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460448 by Aria

Akzle;462014 wrote: leeeegend.

might i ask how you cut yours? it's the one thing i fall short on, i've heard things about pasta machines, coffee grinders and paper guillotines, but yet to test any...

We crumple it up by hand and then stick it in the food processor.

Works a treat.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460449 by Aria

kindajojo;462027 wrote: "You'd be very surprised how good home grown is. You can certainly tell there are no chemical additives."

so you are sucking smoke into your lungs and you can tell there are no chemical additives, this would be important why?

Sort of like asking Korea if their next bomb is being made from ethically sourced uranium

Haha, yes, I knew that would sound funny, especially to a non-smoker :D but here's a comparison if you're a whisky drinker - you know a good one by that smooth, no bite, no kick, just pure 'n easy feeling on the way down? That's fresh tobacco with no additives - devine [^][^][^].

• Akzle
11 years 2 weeks ago #460450 by Akzle

kindajojo;462027 wrote: "You'd be very surprised how good home grown is. You can certainly tell there are no chemical additives."

bet im healthier than you.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460453 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic smoking and quiting.. again
Grew my own for a number of years, even ended up moderating a British forum for it. My cutter was a heavy old gullotine with a threaded feeder. Form the tobacco into blocks, then cut them a turn at a time on my cutter. Worked well. But not being a smoker anymore my gear is long gone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460458 by BlueSkyBee
Family members have used Champix, I don't think the nausea was terribly bad for them, they managed to cut down after the champix, but not give up entirely.

To dig in one’s own earth, with one’s own spade, does life hold anything better? –Beverly Nichols

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460466 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic smoking and quiting.. again

Akzle;462053 wrote: bet im healthier than you.

:rolleyes: That's what my father said until he died of pancreatic cancer - a common cause of death among smokers. - At least it was a quicker death than the Emphysema was promising him :( [V]

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460473 by Megan
Replied by Megan on topic smoking and quiting.. again

morioka;462070 wrote: That's what my father said until he died of pancreatic cancer - a common cause of death among smokers.

While smoking is a causative factor in many cancers, pancreatic cancer is 100 times more likely in heavy drinkers than smokers.

Megan

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #460481 by terralee
Terry and I were both very heavy smokers[xx(] ...gave up cold turkey on 23rd August 2007 ...we will have been smokefree for 6 years this year:D ...hardest and best thing we have ever done[^]
Eldest daughter tried Champix but it gave her very bad dreams ...so she then went cold turkey with the help of Allan Carr's Book......
All the best for this attempt ....hope you succeed :)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds