Badminton results website

More
15 years 1 month ago #350 by witheze
N.Z. horses doing well at Badminton, not going to win though [I don't think] www.badminton-horse.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43131 by Louise W
Replied by Louise W on topic Badminton results website
Sad that a couple of horses died after the XC. No broken limbs, one was staked on a flag and subsequently could not be saved and the other collapsed at the end :( - I was listening to the radio commentary for a couple of hours last night which was cool.

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43134 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Badminton results website
and here i thought it was something to do with raquets and frilly balls with skirt??? or has someone taucht horses to holda raquet?

J/K

anyone know any of the compeditors?

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 1 month ago #43144 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Badminton results website
was just looking now at the site. is always sad when horses die, especially when they have made it so much easier in an attempt to minimise the risk..... quite a few kiwis in the top 12 or so. still need to brush up on the dressage though.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43147 by Louise W
Gotta put in a plug for the Irish Sport Horse here too - 4 of the top 12 horses are ISH :)

Skwal, who died at the finish line, was also an ISH. Apparently he broke his jaw some years back which is why he was ridden with no noseband (none at all, looks so different esp. when you look at the paraphenalia that some of them have in the mouths and on their heads). So very sad for all those directly involved with the dead horses :(

Le Samurai, the horse that broke down at Kentucky has also been euthanised. There was nothing that could be done for him - Such a tragedy for all concerned and what an amazingly game and brave horse he was.

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43148 by oskatd
Lou, where do you get all the info from. That is very sad about Le Samurai, also.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43151 by Louise W
Well I am a big fan of the Irish horses and also very interested in breeding (which you already know ;)) so I do a lot of research around bloodlines and individual horse's history - mainly online. I also listened to the live Badminton radio feed and picked up bits and pieces listening to that (like the bit about Skwal's jaw).

I have admired Jumbo (the sire of the winning mare as well as Andrew N's Henry Tankerville) for some time and have been trying to figure out ways to get his bloodline (Skippy) into this country. Unfortuately nothing short of a decent Lotto win is going to help me on that front :(. I have a friend with an ISH being ridden by a professional in the UK (he is always her friend - Neil Spratt expat Kiwi). Anyway, she is a long time fan of the Irish horses and I have had her Kingsway Diamond mare here on lease for the last 7 years (mum of Malteser, Rafferty and Liath) plus her SJ mare who is now in foal to Lord Welton (the Welton line are synonimous in the UK with success in eventing). Anyway, I am trying to convince her to go to the stud where Jumbo stood (they also have three sons) in order to sweet talk them into looking into making semen available in NZ.

Sorry, I am waffling - tis a passion and a dream ...

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43166 by Louise W
The live radio feed was livestreaming audio online Witheze, through the Badminton website. It was great :)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43167 by Louise W
Oooo, you are doing it again! How did your post end up after mine?!?!?!

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 1 month ago #43163 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Badminton results website
Radio commentary???? Which station or do you mean website commentary?
I have not heard of those two deaths, that is very sad.

More
15 years 1 month ago #43179 by oskatd
OK, this posting thing is weird, witheze.....

Lou if i win powerball I'll front up with the cash for the ISh you're after!!!!

I went to the craighaven auction over easter and was quite impressed with the welton sired horses that were up for auction, there was one filly in particular - as a yearling she had a heck of a jump!

More
15 years 1 month ago #43191 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Badminton results website
gingerly testing the timing thing, .... if I was to breed again and was rich enough I'd go for a A I LaSelle mating, for a show jumper that is. They seem to be most consistent in the big time overseas. The few I've seen here are impressive. Dont know how they handle but the two at HOY coped with a change of rider okay. And you'd never call them PLAIN lol. Vicki is sending regular emails from Germany, I'll ask her which breed/stallion is standing out.........Kate if you read this I was last night in gmt plus 12 .... .. Internet time ... server time.windows.com [cant find the gmt thing this morning tho}yes it's changed itself from gmt time to nz standard time I think. So hopefully all's okay until next time!

More
15 years 1 month ago #43194 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Badminton results website
Great...I wonder if that's what is causing the problems with Anne and Andrea too...Thanks for letting me know :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds