Keeping spiders out!

More
9 years 2 months ago #34873 by Rod Brown
Anyone got any suggestions? My weather station which is about 3.5 metres high (on the top of the glass house at the top of a pole) needs to be cleaned out of spider webs and spiders at least once every 2 months, they mainly get into the rain recording mechanism and weave their little webs on the scoops jamming the fulcrum preventing activation and so I don't get a signal sent to the master unit of how much rain we may have had. The little box is all enclosed except for the drain holes which must be there at the bottom, it is here the spiders get in!

Secondly a similar thing happens to our driveway alarm every 2-3 weeks(which by necessity is about 50 mm high) they weave their web over the magic eye and park themselves there in wait. Sometimes the spiders set it off in the middle of the night !!!!!!!!! or they jam up the beam completly.

I have tried spraying with spider spray but it soon washes off.

I suspect most people would experience this problem :(

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #458543 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Keeping spiders out!
Put some white tails in there. They will eat the web makers and WT's don't spin webs!

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 2 months ago #458544 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Keeping spiders out!
Except when nesting/egg-laying and those are quite strong bits of web.

I've had similar issues in a smoke alarm! I'm not convinced it would have worked adequately as a result. Spiders are a pain in the whatsit.

More
9 years 2 months ago #458611 by diggs
Replied by diggs on topic Keeping spiders out!
I had the same problem, sprayed with RIPCORD every couple of months, it worked.

Kapiti

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds