Ebay, anyone use this?

More
9 years 2 months ago #34865 by Stikkibeek
Anyone use Ebay? OH wants to know what you have to do to join up and what are the risks if any? He's seen something advertised on there that he can't get anywhere else.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #458482 by Aquila
Replied by Aquila on topic Ebay, anyone use this?
Ebay is all good, same as trademe but international.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 2 months ago #458490 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Ebay, anyone use this?
I have done a bit of Ebay[:I], as Aquila says just like an international version of trademe. Check the trader will post overseas, and how much postage is as sometimes it can be a bit expensive [:0] Also check which methods of payment they accept - I use Paypal which seems to work quite well.

More
9 years 2 months ago #458493 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Ebay, anyone use this?
We have an eBay 'store' and sell far more there than on Trade Me, mostly to Australian customers. I also have a personal eBay account to buy CDs, jeans and other nicknacks.

Ebay has far more safeguards for sellers and buyers than TM and their PayPal payment system will reverse payments if a buyer is defrauded. Joining up with eBay is similar to doing so with TM but you will have to also get a PayPal account as most sellers only accept this payment method. PayPal is linked to your credit card, has very good security and can also be used to 'email' friends or family money internationally. We pay for much of our imported stock using the credit balance that builds in our PayPal account.

Be sure to check if a seller will post overseas as many US sellers in particular won't. US postage rates are often more reasonable than those from Aussie in our experience.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 2 months ago #458496 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic Ebay, anyone use this?
I've heard lots of sellers complaints about Ebay. If the buyer decides that the product isn't what was advertised, Ebay will reverse the charges without any consultation with the seller. If buyer chooses to and is dishonest, s/he then gets to keep the product and gets refunded what it cost.

See this too:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082060/PayPal-eBay-buyer-destroy-2-500-violin-deemed-counterfeit.html

More
9 years 2 months ago #458498 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Ebay, anyone use this?
I bought a few things via my ebay account when I lived in Aussie and more than happy with the process. I also have a TM account and basically see no difference, although Ebay has a greater selection.

Don't forget about NZ Post ''youshop" service. Gives you a USA addy for those items they won't post o/s.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds